Just as Travelocity or Expedia provide a single search site optimized for travelers, the new ZoomInfo.com is optimized for business users
Waltham, Mass. (PRWEB) April 2, 2007
ZoomInfo™ today unveiled a new ZoomInfo.com featuring comprehensive search optimized for the business user, including free access to in-depth information on millions of companies, people and jobs. The more than four million monthly visitors to the business information search engine will also benefit from more powerful searches, the ability to save and forward searches, and a rich integration of Indeed.com’s comprehensive job search. ZoomInfo.com users will benefit from highly relevant search results delivered via its patented semantic search technology in an organized, easy-to-digest format.
The new ZoomInfo.com is the first market-ready semantic search engine. It continually crawls the Business Web – the millions of corporate Web sites, press releases, electronic news services, SEC filings and other online sources – then semantically tags, aggregates and organizes the information into easy-to-digest and easy-to-search profiles optimized for business users searching for information on people, companies, products and services, and industries.
“Just as Travelocity or Expedia provide a single search site optimized for travelers, the new ZoomInfo.com is optimized for business users,” said Bryan Burdick, COO of ZoomInfo. “Prior to this release, no site existed that allowed business users to find business information as quickly and easily as they can with ZoomInfo.com. Instead, they had to pay costly annual premiums to business information services in order to access information on a limited number of companies, or manually read and digest the thousands of Web results for a specific search on Google or other general search engines. With the new ZoomInfo.com, business users can quickly and easily find information on millions of companies, markets and industries for free.”
By moving to a traditional search engine business model and incorporating highly relevant advertising, ZoomInfo is able to provide free access to the deepest, freshest and most comprehensive information available on more than 3.5 million companies, including detailed descriptions, M&A activities, their revenues, key employees, competitors and current job openings. Business users can search for companies by name, product category, industry, market niche and more, and can expand or narrow their searches using ZoomInfo.com’s automatically generated recommendations.
Once a specific company or list of companies is identified, users can quickly conduct a “pivot” search to find people or jobs at those companies. For a monthly fee, users can also conduct searches to identify names, titles and contact information for executives at those companies. New features on ZoomInfo.com include:
- Free Company Searches: For example, business users can now search for a list of companies in the “storage” industry, or more specifically, “storage manufacturing” companies located in the Chicago area with under $50 million in annual revenues. ZoomInfo’s in-depth summaries will provide a description of each company, including revenues and M&A activities, and list key employees, competitive companies and jobs available.
- Comprehensive Job Searches: The new ZoomInfo.com includes the integration of comprehensive job search powered by Indeed.com, the leading search engine for jobs that aggregates millions of jobs from job boards, corporate career sites and the rest of the Web. The integration allows job seekers to search for companies by specific criteria (size, industry, location, number of employees, etc.) and then identify open positions at each one. For example, a user can easily search for Boston-based accounting firms specializing in the telecommunications industry with less than 100 employees, research companies of interest, and then search for a complete listing of available jobs at those companies.
- Highly Relevant Product Searches: Business users can quickly and easily search for a product or service category, and ZoomInfo will deliver a list of highly relevant companies that provide that product or service. For a person searching for an “enterprise router,” this means the difference between getting immediate, actionable information, or spending valuable time sifting through results that could include “Enterprise,” the rental-car company.
- Low Cost Access to People Information: ZoomInfo.com continues to provide free people searches by name. Additionally, ZoomInfo has announced ZoomExec (see related release, ZoomInfo Provides Quick, Easy and Affordable Access to 1.3 Million Decision Makers with ZoomExec) to provide low-cost access to information on executive level prospects, including work history, education, contact information, and web references. For a monthly upgrade fee on ZoomInfo.com, users can use ZoomExec to quickly get in touch with the right person at the right company.
- Advertising: ZoomInfo will serve highly relevant, keyword, behavioral and contextual advertising with the business information seeker in mind. The company expects to announce additional B2B advertising opportunities in the coming months.
“We’re delivering the first business information search engine that exploits the value of semantic search, which greatly increases the relevance of results,” said Jonathan Stern, CEO and founder of ZoomInfo. “Now, business users have a single site to find the information they need, instantly and without having to sift through thousands of irrelevant results. With the new ZoomInfo.com, we’re extending much of the semantic search capabilities from our flagship subscription product, ZoomInfo PowerSearch, to our free site to improve our users’ experience. We also continue to focus considerable resources on improved algorithms that increase the accuracy and freshness of our information, which will be released today and over the coming months.”
ZoomInfo is a business information search engine used to quickly find information about industries, companies, people, products and services. ZoomInfo is used by sales and marketing professionals to identify business opportunities, by recruiters to locate talent, and by anyone conducting in-depth research about products, services and businesses. ZoomInfo’s semantic search engine continually crawls the Business Web – the millions of company Websites, news feeds and other online sources – to identify company and people information which is then organized into fresh, comprehensive and objective profiles. ZoomInfo currently has profiles on 35 million people and over 3.8 million companies, and its search engine adds more than 20,000 new profiles every day.
More than 4 million people search http://www.ZoomInfo.com every month. In addition, over 1,600 customers, including Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Oracle, PepsiCo and 20% of the Fortune 500, subscribe to ZoomInfo’s PowerSearch for more powerful search tools. Zoom Information™, Inc. is privately held and based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Kari Hanson, Director of Corporate Communications
Rachel Labas, Senior Account Representative
Lois Paul & Partners