Interest in using apps in the English classroom has really taken off around the globe," says Ms. Peterson of Language Success Press.
Ann Arbor, MI (PRWEB) June 24, 2013
Language Success Press, a publisher of accent reduction and business English materials, announces that its LinkedIn group, entitled ESL Apps: apps that teach English, now has 1,140 members and is one of the most popular ESL groups on LinkedIn.
"We're an industry leader in apps for learning English as a Second Language, so it made sense for us to start this dialogue on LinkedIn," Tanya Peterson, Marketing Director at Language Success Press. "We're thrilled that over this past year so many ESL instructors, English language learners, and app developers from around the world have joined this group."
The ESL app group on LinkedIn has members from the USA, Canada, Argentina, UK, Germany, China, India, and 2 dozen other countries. Members share information about new ESL apps and discuss ways to integrate apps into the ESL classroom.
"Interest in using apps in the English classroom has really taken off around the globe," says Ms. Peterson of Language Success Press. The 7 ESL apps offered by Language Success Press have now been downloaded by users in 65 countries. As English is now the global language of business, there is increasing demand for tools to help people become more fluent in English.
All of Language Success Press's ESL apps teach conversational English through interactive methods. "Our apps incorporate the many technological capabilities of the iPhone and iPad in order to make language learning as effective as possible," says Ms. Peterson of Language Success Press. All of the apps include audio of native speakers. All of the apps feature interactive quizzes. "Learners love the immediate feedback they get with Language Success Press's apps," says Ms. Peterson.
Language Success Press currently has seven apps for sales on the iTunes store.
Four of the apps are targeted specifically to those studying business English:
- Speak Business English I – This app is designed to help learners speak better business English, quickly and confidently. The 15 lessons in this app feature topics including: talking about company strategy, running a meeting, motivating co-workers, talking about financial issues, discussing good and bad results, and more.
- Speak Business English II – This app offers another set of business English idioms and expressions through another 15 realistic business dialogues, each teaching a dozen important business expressions.
- Business English Power Verbs – This app teaches 101 business verbs that will help learners speak better on the job – and understand native English speakers better. Verbs include tout, bungle, exhort, gripe, and dozens more.
- Business English Power Idioms – This app teaches 100 important business English expressions and idioms. It features dozens of interactive quizzes – with immediate feedback and reward icons. The app provides hundreds of realistic usage examples.
Three of the Language Success Press' apps teach everyday English:
Speak English Like an American – This app invites the reader to join an American family as they go about their day-to-day lives. Along the way, learners will master over 300 of today's most common English idioms and expressions. Based on the bestselling book and CD “Speak English Like an American” by American English language expert Amy Gillett.
- Speak English Around Town – The newest ESL app in the Language Success Press product line, this app teaches everyday English through original videos and realistic dialogues. It helps the learner navigate everyday situations, including shopping, dining out, and dealing with medical issues.
- Say it Better in English – This app teaches over 300 English expressions through lively and interactive methods. Cartoons show how each expression is used in real-life situations. Click on the speaker and the cartoon comes to life with audio.
Language Success Press will release an Android version of its bestselling Speak English Like an American app in two weeks.
About Language Success Press
Language Success Press specializes in ESL books, CDs, and mobile apps teaching business English, and everyday English, and accent reduction. Founded in 2002, Language Success Press has customers in 60 countries around the world. Follow the company on Twitter @LanguageSuccess. For more information, contact Tanya Peterson at Language Success Press: Tanya(at)languagesuccesspress(dot)com.