This is the first time we've featured a fashion show at our conference
Libertyville, IL USA (PRWEB) July 29, 2009
C3Life.com, a community website for people with ostomies, their caregivers, and loved ones, will be sponsoring a fashion show at the Second United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA) National Conference in New Orleans. The fashion show, to be held on August 8 at 2:15 p.m. in the main ballroom of the Sheraton Hotel, will feature:
- Emcee Brenda Elsagher - comedian, author, and national keynote speaker
- Male and female models of all ages, with ostomies
- Clothing from Dillard's department store and ostomy fashion tips that correspond with each outfit
- Undergarments from Ostomysecrets, manufacturers of a complete line of stylish, high-quality ostomy undergarments for men and women with ostomies
In addition, Vanilla Blush - an international manufacturer of fashionable underwear and clothing for people with ileostomy, colostomy and urostomy pouches - will be supplying lingerie and underwear for the show.
C3Life.com will be posting runway photos and ostomy fashion tips for the C3Life community after the event.
"This is the first time we've featured a fashion show at our conference," said LeeAnn Barcus, President of the United Ostomy Association of Greater St. Louis and one of the organizers of the UOAA National Conference. "Our members will see that they have many options if they want to wear clothes and undergarments that are both fashionable and functional."
"C3Life.com is very excited to be sponsoring the UOAA Conference fashion show," said Lisa Peterson, manager of the C3Life website and community. "The show fits very well with the site's goal of helping people with ostomies live their lives to the fullest."
In addition to the C3Life-sponsored fashion show, the 2009 UOAA National Conference will feature:
- Free Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Nurse consultations
- More special events - including an ice cream social sponsored by Hollister Incorporated, a leading manufacturer of ostomy products
- Exhibits by manufacturers and distributors of ostomy products and services
- Workshops and other educational programming for people with ostomies and their caregivers
The UOAA is an association of affiliated, nonprofit support groups committed to improving the quality of life for people who have, or will have, an intestinal or urinary diversion (i.e., colostomy, ileostomy, and/or urostomy).
C3Life.com is an ostomy online community, dedicated to helping people with ostomies live their lives to the fullest. It features information on lifestyle topics, ostomy-related issues, products, news, and events. Members can pose questions to a panel of clinicians, share their thoughts on an interactive forum, and submit personal stories, photos, videos and more. C3Life.com is supported by Hollister Incorporated.
Hollister is a trademark of Hollister Incorporated.
C3Life.com is a service mark of Hollister Incorporated.
Dillard's is a trademark of Dillard International, Inc.
Vanilla Blush is a trademark of Nicola Dames.
Ostomysecrets is a trademark of Ostomy Secrets, LLC.
© 2009 Hollister Incorporated.