“Becoming the first ever scalable platform to manage the intense media load of today’s Internet video, SuperLumin Nemesis represents a new evolution into proxy technology,” said Chris Riegel, SuperLumin CEO.
Dayton, OH (Vocus) November 3, 2010
SuperLumin Networks announced today the release of its next generation, 64-bit caching and application acceleration technology, Nemesis. The highly anticipated release recognizes the need to meet the ever-growing requirements of today’s bandwidth deficient corporate and University enterprises, utilizing heavy media on the Internet/Intranet.
Optimized for today’s rich-media on the Web, Nemesis’ next generation platform includes an enhanced 64-bit architecture and high-performance Social Media Cache. Nemesis supports SUSE Linux distributions and provides industry-leading content acceleration capabilities for HTTP/HTTPS and DNS while also offering full eCDN distribution and management capabilities.
Beyond the capabilities of a standard proxy cache, Nemesis addresses the need to cache and enable streaming video and rich-media on the Web. With comprehensive social media caching, Nemesis is optimized to cache bandwidth intensive social media sites such as Facebook™ and YouTube™.
“Becoming the first ever scalable platform to manage the intense media load of today’s Internet video, SuperLumin Nemesis represents a new evolution into proxy technology,” said Chris Riegel, SuperLumin CEO. “The Nemesis technology, available in 64-bit architecture, shows clear advantages over competitive legacy 32-bit platforms.”
SuperLumin Nemesis Features:
- 64-bit, next generation architecture
- Extreme scalability (64 CPUs, 16TiB memory, 64 disks)
- Unrivaled performance (100 million cache objects)
- Flexible deployment (Reverse, Forward and Transparent)
- High-performance Social Media Cache (FacebookTM, YouTubeTM)
- Optimized for today’s media (SilverLightTM, FlashTM, HTTP progressive, On-Demand and Live)
- Access control policy (users, groups, networks, etc.)
- Policy-based content filtering (3rd party support via ContentKeeper)
- Bandwidth management/Traffic shaping
- Centralized management (ActiVia)
- Content distribution (also supports multicast distribution via OmniCast)
- Reporting/Logging/Statistics/Health Monitoring
- Not just a proxy cache (VPN, Firewall)
Ideal for both Universities and corporations, SuperLumin Nemesis is available as a perpetual license or a software-as-a-service model. For information on pricing, please visit http://www.superlumin.com/pricing.php.
*SilverLightTM, FlashTM, FacebookTM and YouTubeTM are property of their respective owners.
SuperLumin Networks is a subsidiary company of STRATACACHE. SuperLumin Networks provides caching, content acceleration, and application acceleration solutions to enterprises across the globe. SuperLumin products represent state-of-the-art, award-winning technology that is flexible, manageable and affordable. For more information on SuperLumin Networks, visit superlumin.com or follow us on Twitter @ superlumin.
# # #