Drunk driving is simply not worth the risk
Alameda, Calif., (PRWEB) December 24, 2008
Alameda-based law firm Berg Injury Lawyers will team up with Veterans Cab and Yellow Cab in Alameda and Luxor Cab in San Francisco to provide free transportation to those who can't drive or feel they don't have a safe way home this New Year's Eve.
"Drunk driving is simply not worth the risk," said California personal injury attorney William Berg, founder and principal of Berg Injury Lawyers. "Impaired drivers risk killing themselves or someone else, and the severity of a crash or an arrest for drunk driving greatly outweigh any other decision. The main goal of the Safe and Sober program is to save lives. If you're without a safe way home this New Year's Eve, remember--the ride is on us."
The Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home program will be available from 10 p.m. on Wednesday, December 31, 2008, through 4 a.m. on Thursday, January 1, 2009.
- To request a free cab ride home within Alameda, Oakland, and Berkeley city limits, individuals can call Veterans Cab at (800) 281-4488.
- To request a free cab ride home within the city of San Francisco, individuals can call Luxor Cab of San Francisco at (415) 282-4141.
Cab rides are made available to area residents who otherwise might attempt to drive home after drinking. Rides are provided to an individual's residence--not to other drinking locations. Due to the high number of ride requests on New Year's Eve, rides cannot be guaranteed for everyone who calls; however, every attempt will be made to accommodate everyone who requests a ride home.
New Year's Safety Tips
- Always have a designated driver if alcoholic beverages are being served.
- If you are hosting a party, provide nonalcoholic beverages in addition to alcoholic drinks.
- Think about the dangers and the serious consequences of drinking and driving.
- Decide on your transportation alternative before going out.
- Call (800) 281-4488 to request a Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home in the cities of Alameda, Oakland or Berkeley, or call (415) 282-4141 to request a Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home in the city of San Francisco--tell them Berg Injury Lawyers is picking up the tab.
About Safe and Sober
Launched in 2004, the Berg Injury Lawyers Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home program is an ongoing commitment that seeks to raise community awareness regarding the dangers of drunk driving and encourage individuals to make responsible choices by providing a safe transportation alternative during many of the traditionally high alcohol consumption holidays. The program typically runs during New Year's Eve, St. Patrick's Day, and Cinco de Mayo, and Halloween has recently been added to the list.
This is the fourth year Berg Injury Lawyers has offered the law firm's Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home program, which has provided more than 1,300 safe rides home. The program has been successful in reducing the number of alcohol-related deaths and injuries by providing hundreds of free cab rides. In 2004, the program was a recipient of a Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Alameda County community service award.
To learn more about the impact of drunk driving, visit Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) at http://www.madd.org.
About Berg Injury Lawyers
Berg Injury Lawyers has successfully litigated a wide range of personal injury claims throughout northern California since 1981. With a staff of more than 50 legal professionals, the Alameda-based law firm specializes in plaintiffs' personal injury law. The attorneys of Berg Injury Lawyers take great pride in their reputations as aggressive litigators and persuasive negotiators always committed to representing the rights of individuals injured by the negligent conduct of others. For more information, visit http:http://www.berginjurylawyers.com.