California Flower Mall is the only downtown LA flower mart in the six-block flower district community that is open around the clock for Dia de las Madres – Latin American Mother’s Day May 10 until 7 pm Mother’s Day Sunday May 13th
Los Angeles, CA. (PRWEB) May 10, 2012
Pick bargain blooms for Mother's Day 24/7 at California Flower Mall. The San Pedro Street downtown LA flower mart is the only wholesale flower petallers market open for last minute bargain blooms 24/7 Mother’s Day weekend until 7pm Mother's Day Sunday.
Hilda Jimenez, operation director at California Flower Mall, part of the team staffing the Mother’s Day flower marathon says, “Flower gifts are always a safe bet, what woman doesn’t love flowers? Bring mom here to pick her own flower gift, Friday or Saturday night are the best times to shop for bargain blooms with mom.
Two-thirds of shoppers plan to buy flowers this year, according to the National Retail Federation. Second only to greeting cards, they are Mother's Day's go-to gift. "Flowers have always reigned as one of the top gifts," says NRF spokeswoman Kathy Grannis. Mother’s day is second to the winter holidays in retail spending the NRF reports.
"It’s definitely the busiest holiday of the year for the flower district community. To meet Southern California's demand for Mother’s Day flowers, California Flower Mall and 200 flower suppliers in LA’s six block wholesale floral hub distribute 8-10 million stems a day Mother’s Day week.” Jimenez says when buying DIY bargain blooms for Mother’s Day direct from LA flower mart wholesalers shop around for the best prices.
The flower district community is one of LA’s most colorful urban destinations, lush with miles of flower market aisles and sidewalks blooming with millions of fresh flowers that dazzle the senses and it’s:
- Paradise for procrastinators buying last minute bargain blooms for Mother’s Day.
- DIY way to stretch Mother's Day flower gift budgets.
- Open free to the general public and floral professionals.
California Flower Mall’s Jimenez offers these DIY insider tips to shop flower district community and California Flower Mall like a floral trade pro:
- Arrive Early -- Shop before 9am for the best deals, selection and parking. Farm shipments arrive around 4:30am
- Evening Stroll -- Beat traffic and congestion visit after dinner Friday or Saturday.
- Bargain -- Don't accept the first price offered. Negotiate -- it's an accepted business custom.
- Buy Big Bunches – Two or three bunches of the same flower look luxurious.
- Thrifty Favorites -- Bunches of gerberas, hydrangeas, carnations, and ranunculus - a rose knock-off are $3 - $6.
- Color Selection --Select the same color flower in different shades for a rich looking bouquet.
- Relax -- If DIY is not your style or you're on a tight schedule, pre-made bouquets and arrangements are $15 and up.
- Bring Cash -- Onsite ATMs are also available.
- Sunday Closeouts Savings -- Wholesalers drop prices lower to clear flower inventory late Sunday afternoon. If you wait until Sunday to buy bargain blooms for Mother’s Day plan to arrive late afternoon and expect thick crowds and auto traffic.
"It's easy to delight all the moms in your life. Make a date to dazzle your mom, grandmother, sister and sweetheart on an urban adventure to pick flowers at the LA Flower District California Flower Mall. Jimenez adds, "We'll be open for you -- Feliz Dia de las Madres!"
About California Flower Mall
The California Flower Mall located at 825 San Pedro Street is one of the largest San Pedro Street wholesale flower markets. It is the only downtown LA flower mart in the six-block LA flower district community that is open around the clock for [Dia de las Madres – Latin American Mother’s Day May 10 until 7 pm Mother’s Day Sunday May 13th. LA’s flower district is the largest community of wholesale flower markets and flower businesses in the U.S.