They are tightening their purse strings and they are staying home more often. But the more time they spend at home, the more they realize they need to update their outdoor living space.
Pomona, Calif. (PRWEB) December 5, 2008
As families flock to their nests and close their pocket books to vacations and outings, the home has once again become a haven--but this time around, the backyard is taking center stage as the ideal destination for the weekend "Staycation."
Many sources are now reporting that a new wave of "Cocooning" has emerged around the globe. The AAP (Australian Associated Press) recently published the article titled "Aussies Cocooning In Hard Economic Times" in which they reported that "consumers are making their time at home more special by increasing their spend (sic) on home furnishings and at home activities."
Cal Spas, the leading global manufacturer of home resort products, reports that its hot tub and barbecue island sales reflect a cocooning trend.
"Homeowners are reprioritizing," said Casey Loyd, Cal Spas President. "They are tightening their purse strings and they are staying home more often. But the more time they spend at home, the more they realize they need to update their outdoor living space."
Cal Spas reports strong sales in 2008 and a projected increase in 2009 in home resort value packages consisting of various combinations of spas, saunas, gazebos, barbecue islands, fire features and patio furniture. These packages are created by dealers and offer the homeowner a discount for purchasing multiple items.
Home resort packages are an affordable option for homeowners to create an outdoor space that is beautiful, fully furnished and ready for fun.
5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Home Resort:
1) Add some spark to your morning routine: enjoy quiet time and start the day out slowly by enjoying coffee or breakfast by an outdoor fireplace or firepit. The cool morning air and the warmth of the fire creates a soothing and inviting atmosphere.
2) Plan gourmet meals: mix it up and use your grill to experiment with international cuisine or to cook up comfort foods. You'll look forward to cooking and eating great food all day.
3) Splash around: a hot tub is not only the perfect place to unwind after a long day; it's also a great place to have fun with the entire family. Turn down the temperature of your spa, add a few water toys and you're in for hours of fun!
4) Enjoy the outdoors: fresh air is invigorating and you're less likely to feel pent up if you stay busy outside. Try engaging family or friends in a midday game of toss, chess or another diversion to mix it up.
5) Create a quiet spot: it's easy to cozy up to a book for hours or take up an arts and crafts project when there is a comfortable chair, pillows and a table.
If you're staying at home and skipping your vacation this holiday season, consider investing in your home and giving your family a backyard that they can enjoy all year long. What's more, December and January are typically slow months for home remodeling projects, which means that you can take advantage of 2008 model clearances and you'll get more individual attention from your dealer.
Cal Spas® was founded in 1979 as a provider of luxury hot tubs. Today, the celebrated hot tub maker is world renowned as the #1 Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products™. The company produces premium collections of lifestyle products from its headquarters in Pomona, Calif. and distributes worldwide through a network of specialty dealers. The Cal Spas brand family of products includes Cal Spas hot tubs and fitness spas, Cal Designs gazebos, Cal Heat indoor and outdoor saunas, and Cal Flame high-end outdoor grills, outdoor kitchen islands, outdoor fireplaces and firepits. Learn about Home Resort Living and find the dealer near you online at http://www.calspas.com.
Note: To receive photos please email abearden at calspas dot com.
# # #