B&H Photo Video is excited to share with photo enthusiasts the release of the latest exciting DSLR camera from Canon—the 5D Mark III— which features a host of updates and improvements.
New York City, NY (PRWEB) March 02, 2012
The Professional Photography community is abuzz with the new and highly-anticipated Canon 5D Mark III Camera. B&H is proud to be one of the first retailers to offer the new Canon 5D Mark III on a pre-order basis.
The new and exciting 5D Mark III camera, which will retail for $3499, is chock full of surprises and upgrades. Chiefly among them is an incredible, newly-designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with 14-bit A/D conversion, and a new 61-Point High-Density Reticular AF, including up to 41 cross-type AF points with f/4.0!
This sweet camera allows your creativity to shine with a robust High Dynamic Range (HDR), and Multiple Exposure modes. The improved handling with the addition of new, customizable controls and enhanced recording, is certainly nothing to sneeze at either.
Professional photographers will certainly appreciate this camera’s absolutely phenomenal shooting performance, which features a mind-blowing 6.0 fps continuous shooting capability, using a UDMA CF Card.
From its Magnesium-alloy body with shutter durability tested up to 150,000 cycles, to its 3.2-inch Clear View II LCD Monitor (with 170° viewing angle), this camera will excite you with its endless possibilities!
Additional New Features and Highlights:
- iFCL Metering WITH 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30P (29.97)/
- Intelligent Viewfinder with superimposed LCD display with approximately 100% field of view
- 3.2 inch Clear View II LCD Monitor, 170 degree viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection
- Newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion
The Canon 5D Mark III camera kit comes along with all of the standard items you have come to expect from the folks at Canon. There is the Eyecup EG, Camera Cover R-F-3, Battery Charger LC-E6, Battery Pack LP-E6 and all associated and ancillary cables.
Canon has also produced a specially-designed Battery Grip # BGE-11 for the new EOS 5D Mark III, which features improved ergonomics for comfortable holding, a variety of operating controls (such as a shutter button, Main Dial, multi-controller and AF) and several point selection buttons.
The battery grip is designed to be ideal for high volume and easy vertical shooting.
As if this weren’t enough, Canon has just introduced its new 600EX RT Speedlite , which is a special flash lens designed to complement the new 5D Mark III, as well as to be compatible with many existing Canon cameras.
The new flash lens features many upgrades, including the following highlights:
- New Wireless multiple flash system using radio wave communication for enhanced control of up to five groups of flashes.
- Zoom flash head covers wide range of 20-200mm; maximum Guide Number
- Redesigned contact construction, improved flash head durability, and exceptional dust and weather resistance for reliable operation
- AF Assist beam compatible with Canon’s new 61-point High Density Reticular AF
- Dot matrix LCD panel and back button provide easy visibility
- Color filter holder for attaching Canon and third-party color gelatin filters
- 18 Custom functions for creative flexibility
- Full swivel, 180 degrees in either direction
In the final analysis, the new EOS 5D MARK III and its related accessories are some of the most exciting products to hit the industry in some time. Indeed, the EOS 5D Mark III is sure to become an instant favorite and a stalwart camera for the foreseeable future.
About B&H Photo Video
As the world's largest source of photography, video and audio equipment, B&H Photo-Video is known worldwide for their attentive, knowledgeable sales force, and excellent customer service, including fast, reliable shipping. Visitors to the website can access a variety of enlightening articles and educational videos. B&H has been satisfying customers worldwide for over 35 years.
# # #