New York, NY (PRWEB) July 09, 2012
AffordableInsurancePlans.com, part of the Insurance Quotes USA network, is an all-in-one stop for car insurance and many other types of insurance coverage. Consumers in the United States can use the website to find affordable auto insurance plans. The company reveals critical steps drivers need to take to protect themselves during not-at-fault accidents. "Any accident, at fault or not, may have a negative impact to your driving history, resulting in higher premium you need to pay in the long run," said Eric, Senior Advisor of AffordableInsurancePlans.com. "Our goal is to help drivers protect themselves by providing as much education and tips as possible." When an accident occurs, AffordableInsurancePlans.com recommends drivers to take the following steps:
1. Do not move the vehicle - When an accident occurs, shut off the engine of the vehicle immediately, even when the vehicle is blocking the traffic on the road.
2. Help the injured - Contact 911 immediately if anyone is injured from the accident.
3. Start taking pictures - Take pictures of all the vehicles involved in the accident. The front, back, sides, and all scratched, dented, or damaged spots.
4. Look for witnesses - Stop any driver or pedestrian who has witnessed how the accident occurred.
5. Write down critical information - Take down the name, driver's license identification number, mailing address, contact number, vehicle make and model, and vehicle plate number of all the third parties and witnesses involved in the accident.
6. Notify accident claim centre - Report the accident to local authorities that deal with car accidents and claim submissions.
7. Contact insurance company - Report the accident to insurance company within 24 hours.
Automobile accident crime has been rising in the recent years. "By following the tips above, you can protect yourself from any false claims against you," said Eric. "Any at-fault accident will have a significant impact to your driving record which will increase the premium of your car insurance policy in the long run."
AffordableInsurancePlans.com aims to become the "go-to" resource for any car insurance need. In addition to the tips, the company offers a free, fast, secure, and reliable platform for consumers to obtain and compare car insurance quotes.
About the Insurance Quotes USA Network
The Insurance Quotes USA (IQUSA) network currently has 3 web properties within the network - InsuranceQuotesUSA.com, AffordableInsurancePlans.com, and PropertyInsuranceCoverage.com. Each website serves a unique purpose for consumers in the United States. With the company's I.Q.U.S.A. service model - Instant insurance quotes, Quotes from multiple companies, Unbeatable coverage types, Smooth user experience, and Affordable policy rates - the company aims to build a strong online presence in the insurance industry through new domain acquisitions and development. In addition to car insurance, the IQUSA network also provides home, health, life, business, and travel insurance quotes.
How does InsuranceQuotesUSA.com work? When a zip code is entered, the system automatically determines the location of the zip code, connects with insurance providers in the specific area, and then displays quotes from multiple companies on the screen. The entire process completes in a matter of seconds. Compare and save money on affordable insurance plans today.