Minneapolis, Minn. (Vocus) July 4, 2009
Car accidents tend to increase during the summer months, with the highest incident of accidents taking place over holidays. This can be attributed to increased amount of time behind the wheel due to long road trips and increased amounts of alcohol consumption. The Car Insurance Quote website offers helpful tips on how drivers can stay safe during the holiday season. In addition, the website offers information such as how consumers can find a cheap car insurance quote, obtain a free car insurance quote and offers services on how to compare car insurance quotes.
In the meantime, drivers should remember that July 3rd and July 4th are two of the deadliest days to drive on US roads. In order to reduce auto accidents, the Car Insurance Quote website offers these tips to stay safer.
1. Buckle up. Buckling up is the quickest and easiest way to stay safe in the event of an accident. Be sure to also follow proper car or booster seat requirements for children's height and age group.
2. Obey speed limits. Not only will keeping speeds down lower risks of accidents, but it will also help drivers avoid costly speeding tickets. In addition to the cost of the ticket, there is also the increased insurance premium. If a driver notices an increase in their premiums, it may be a good time to compare car insurance quotes.
3. Pack proof of car insurance. When checking items off the list such as bug spray, suntan lotion and beach balls, do not forget to all make sure there is proof of car insurance in your wallet or glove box. Whether traveling close to home or out-of-state, this should always be on hand.
4. Keep a first aid kit or roadside assistant kit in the car. In addition to proof of insurance, be prepared for accidents or being stranded. A kit should include water, a flash light, extra batteries and non-perishable food items. Also, make sure cell phones are charged before leaving for long road trips.
5. Check tires and battery. Low air levels in vehicle tires can reduce fuel efficiency, but more importantly can be a concern for safety. Always check air pressure before a road trip. In addition, if the battery in a vehicle is old, replace it. If it still has a few miles but is increasing in amount of use, be sure to keep jumper cables in the trunk.
6. Do not drink and drive. Drinking and driving never mix well. Regardless of how long or short the drive, it is always better to play it safe. Utilize public transportation or assign a designated driver. If a driver has experienced increased insurance rates due to drinking and driving, it is advisable to shop for a cheap car insurance quote.
7. Check the weather. Before leaving for a long road trip, be sure to check on weather conditions. If any severe weather is predicted, it is safer to delay a road trip than to brave a storm.
The Car Insurance Quote website provides United States consumers with an online shopping service designed to compare car insurance quotes, find a free car insurance quote, and ultimately to obtain a cheap car insurance quote. Gone are the days of searching through the yellow pages and calling on multiple insurance agents to provide you accurate quotes based on your vehicle insurance needs. This site takes the guesswork out of comparison shopping for car insurance with a simple quote form designed to make shopping for car insurance easier and faster on the internet. This service puts insurance shoppers in touch with top rated car insurance companies that can provide quotes for full coverage or liability auto insurance coverage the same day.
Public Relations Specialist
# # #