Choosing the right degree can be critical to a successful career
Past News ReleasesRSS
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) November 29, 2010
For everyone who’s not sure how their interests and strengths might line up to an appropriate job, the Career Matcher answers that question. By translating user interests and passions into a practical career, it shows people how to get paid for doing what they love. Users begin by entering their best interest, skill or hobby, e.g. “detail-oriented” or “creative.” Then they select a career field like “computer/information technology.” The result is a list of occupations that correspond to the previous choices: in this case, “computer software engineers” and “computer software engineers, applications.”
After finding out a relevant occupation, the next (optional) step is to get contacted by a representative from a school which offers a degree related to the chosen occupation. Once the form is completed, a page will outline that occupation’s description with knowledge, skills, and abilities; detailed work activities; and both national and zip-code-based salary information.
“Choosing the right degree can be critical to a successful career,” says Kevin Herendeen, General Manager. “The team at YouShouldGoToSchool.com has created a Career Matcher tool to help people match their strengths and interests with colleges that offer degrees leading to their chosen career.”
Other features of YouShouldGoToSchool.com include:
- a degree section that outlines more than 100 popular career-focused degrees and associated courses (e.g. accounting, project management, video game design)
- a career section that details more than 200 corresponding occupations
- a financial aid section that covers the FAFSA, the GI Bill , scholarships, grants, federal student loans, and federal work-study
- a daily blog with news/commentary in categories like education technology, career change, and financial aid
- resource articles on part-time schooling, college savings tips, green jobs and the new MBA, and much more
YouShouldGoToSchool.com is a website dedicated to providing the best career-focused education resources. It caters to prospective students thinking about going to a career college. A central focus is matching degree programs to career interests, and the financial aid section outlines different ways eligible students might be able to pay for it. YSGTS can keep you informed on the latest news in the career education space, including online education, job news, and for-profit regulations and politics. We strive to be authoritative and informative while not taking ourselves too seriously.
For more information, visit http://www.youshouldgotoschool.com or call (877) 654-6867.