Cincinnati, OH (Vocus/PRWEB) February 01, 2011
Nominations for the yearlong "Are You Carhartt Tough?" contest have closed, and it’s time for the public to select the toughest of the tough out of our 12 finalists at http://www.CarharttRental.com. Voting takes place from Feb. 1 – 28, and the two grand prize winners will be announced March 1.
The "Are You Carhartt Tough?" contest began last February and has generated hundreds of nominations. Each of the 12 quarterly finalists will be featured on the contest’s web site where the public will be encouraged to vote. Two grand prize winners will be chosen based on public votes.
The contest was created in conjunction with a new partnership between Carhartt, the nation’s leading manufacturer of premium work wear for over 120 years, and Cintas Corporation, North America’s largest uniform supplier, and the roll-out of the new Carhartt Rental Workwear line, which is available exclusively through Cintas (http://www.cintas.com/carhartt).
“This contest is really a reflection of our companies,” says Chuck Helmes, Director of Garment Strategy at Cintas Corporation. “Both Carhartt and Cintas are known for providing tough products and dependable service, and we want to celebrate workers who reflect those same characteristics.”
With Ducks Unlimited acting as media sponsor, contest organizers have reached out to the American workforce to identify people who are strong, dependable, resilient and rugged. The two grand prizes include a weekend duck hunt trip designed by Ducks Unlimited and a trip for two to The STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series in 2011.
The twelve quarterly finalists are:
- Steve Nicholson, a Senior Firefighter from Quincy, CA
- Corrine "Cori" Dixon, a Farm Manager from Kutztown, PA
- Jonathan Backus, a Utility Lineman from Hampton, VA
- Tim Zweber, a Dairy Farmer from Elko, MN
- Gabe Butler, a Navy Deep Sea Diver from Coranado, CA
- John Irish, a Truck Driver and Roofer from West Allis, WI
- Elizabeth “EJ” Robertson, a Laborer/Journeyman from Peoria, IL
- David Huskins, a Field Technician from Denver, CO
- Bubba Peters, a Tow Truck Operator from Seattle, WA
- Matthew Clark, a Snowmaker from Boalsburg, PA
- Joanna Davis, an Electrician from Centennial, CO
- Peter Lindbeck, a Heavy Equipment Operator from Brownsville, WI
More information about these finalists, including their entry essays and high-resolution, downloadable photos, can be found at http://www.CarharttRental.com.
“This is a great way for two well-respected work wear brands to showcase the men and women behind some of the toughest jobs out there,” said Steve Carter, Vice President of Corporate Sales for Carhartt. “Our customers work hard and play hard, and these are two fabulous prizes that we look forward to presenting to our top two finalists.”
# # #