Carmel, Calif. (Vocus) January 22, 2009
The City of Carmel-by-the-Sea, named the country's No. 1 city for "Ambiance" by Condé Nast Traveler magazine, is reaching out to travelers with deeply discounted mid-week winter deals at selected lodging properties.
Here is a look at some of the lodging discounts now being offered for Sunday through Thursday stays in Carmel-by-the-Sea, which Condé Nast also named as the USA's No. 6 "City Destination":
- Lamplighter Inn & Sunset Suites -- Fifty percent off all cottage-type accommodations at this property located one block from Carmel Beach. (Through Feb. 8).
- Carriage House Inn -- Thirty percent off standard nightly rates at this AAA Four-Diamond property for the last 30 years. (Through March 31.)
- Cypress Inn -- Thirty percent off rates during the mid-week and 20 percent off during weekends at the Doris Day-owned hotel where dogs are welcome and greeted with blankets, bowls and treats. (Through March 31.)
- La Playa Hotel -- Rates start at $165/night at this legendary Carmel lodging property. (Through April 30).
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge -- Packages, complete with passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium; start at $160/night. (Through April 15).
The special rates apply only to new reservations for Sunday through Thursday night stays, do not include taxes, and are subject to availability with certain blackout dates (Presidents' Day weekend, for example) in effect. The aforementioned deals, and other special lodging offers, can be accessed at:
Jeff Burghardt, president
Phone (831) 646-9200 | jeff (at) abadvertising (dot) com
# # #