We are very excited to have some of the world's most well-known and renowned chefs and winemakers join us for our 6th annual festival
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 1, 2009
Producers of the 6th Annual San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival(November 18-22) announced today the line-up of celebrity chefs, winemakers, and culinary personalities appearing in the event's weeklong celebration of all things wine and food. The award-winning festival is Southern California's largest wine and food event, attracting in thousands to the city of San Diego in pursuit of a world-class epicurean experience, said Michelle Metter, the Festival's co-producer.
"We are very excited to have some of the world's most well-known and renowned chefs and winemakers join us for our 6th annual festival," added Metter. "There is no shortage of star power participating in this year's event with talent ranging from television celebrities to cookbook authors, winemakers and James Beard Award-winning chefs. Food and wine lovers will have several opportunities to meet the chefs and winemakers up-close and in-person and experience culinary excellence at its finest."
Legendary food and wine experts participating in the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival include the likes of James Beard Foundation Award winner for "Best American Chef, Southwest," Chef Alex Stratta of the two-star Michelin rated ALEX at the Wynn Las Vegas, Cooking Light Magazine's Executive Chef Billy Strynkowski, Peter Mondavi Jr. of Robert Mondavi Family Wines, James Beard Foundation Award winner for "Best Chef," Chef Paul Bartolotta of Bartolotta at the Wynn Las Vegas, celebrity television star Sam Zien of "Sam the Cooking Guy," among many others.
The 2009 Festival will host several action-packed cooking and wine tasting classes taught by the country's finest chefs, sommeliers, winemakers, and culinary personalities including:
- Totally Truffles (November 19)- Featuring 2007 "Chef of the Fest" winner Chef Gary Thompson of Viejas Casino. 2:00pm - 3:30pm; $50 per ticket
- For the Love of Risotto (November 19) - Featuring 2008 "Chef of the Fest" winner and Wolfgang Puck protégé Chef David McIntyre. 4:30pm - 6:30pm; $55 per ticket
- Holiday Brunch (November 19) - Featuring multiple Emmy Award winner and television star Sam Zien of "Sam the Cooking Guy." 2:00pm - 3:30pm; $75 per ticket
- Sake & Sushi Tasting (November 19)- Featuring Liloa Papa of Sake One. 11:30am - 1:00pm; $55 per ticket
- Brandt Beef & Big Red Wines (November 19) - Featuring John Alonge, founder of the San Diego Wine & Culinary Center. 2:00pm - 3:30pm; $55 per ticket
- The Bubbly Girl's Ultimate Party Plan (November 19) - Featuring cookbook author and food writer Maria Hunt. 12:00pm - 1:00pm; $45 per ticket
- Get Modern & Creative with Seafood (November 20)- Featuring Cooking Light Magazine's Executive Chef Billy Strynkowski. 11:30am - 1:00pm; $75 per ticket
- Top Chef All Stars (November 20) - Featuring Bravo's "Top Chef" contestant Chef Brian Malarkey of The Oceanaire, along with a panel of "Top Chef" contestants. 11:30am - 1:30pm; $75 per ticket
- Making Fresh Pasta (November 20)- Featuring James Beard Foundation Award winning celebrity chef Alex Stratta, chef owner of ALEX at the Wynn Las Vegas. 2:30pm - 4:30pm; $75 per ticket
- Seafood, Vegetables, and Olive Oil (November 20) - Featuring James Beard Foundation Award winning celebrity chef Paul Bartolotta, chef owner of Bartolotta at the Wynn Las Vegas. 3:00pm - 4:30pm; $75 per ticket
- Charles Krug Winery Vertical Tasting (November 20) - Featuring Peter Mondavi Jr. of Robert Mondavi Family Wines. 12:00pm - 1:00pm; $60 per ticket
- Master Sommelier Blind Tasting (November 20) - Featuring nationally acclaimed Master Sommelier Joseph Spellman. 4:00pm - 6:00pm; $75 per ticket
- AIWF Celebrity Chef Luncheon (November 22) - Featuring Chef Bernard Guillas, Chef Kenny Gilbert, and Chef Thierry Rautureau ("The Chef in the Hat"). 11:00am - 2:00pm; Tickets start at $150. Additional chefs to be announced.
Held at the Macy's School of Cooking and the San Diego Wine & Culinary Center on November 19 & 20, the celebrity chefs and wine experts participating in this year's Festival will strut their stuff in these interactive and engaging classes. Each chef hosting a cooking class will prepare a series of mouth-watering dishes with instruction and recipes provided so that attendees can make the dishes at home. Cooking class attendees will taste their host's cuisine paired with one of the wineries featured at this year's Festival. Wine tasting classes feature discussions led by award-winning winemakers, sommeliers and master sommeliers from around the world. Guests will sample between five and seven wines per wine tasting class.
The Celebrity Chef Luncheon & AIWF Big Bottle Live Auction will take place on November 22, 2009 from 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. at the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. Guests will dine at tables of 11, each table featuring one winemaker pouring favorites from their portfolio. The luncheon will culminate in a spirited live auction with jet-setting vacation packages, large format bottles, and one-of-a-kind items that are perfect for the serious wine and food enthusiast. Proceeds from the event's auctions benefit The American Institute of Wine & Food Culinary and Enology Scholarship program.
In addition to their classes, many of these celebrity chefs, winemakers, and culinary personalities will be present at the Grand Tasting Event held on November 21. The Grand Event features 170 wineries, 70 of San Diego's top fine dining restaurants, 30 gourmet food companies, the action-packed "Chef of the Fest" competition, live entertainment, and more. Tickets start at $125.
The San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival is held November 18 - 22, 2009. A complete schedule of events is available online at http://www.worldofwineevents.com. Tickets may be purchased online or by calling 619-342-7337.
SAN DIEGO BAY WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL
The 6th Annual San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival is an international showcase of the world's premier wine and spirits producers, celebrity chefs and culinary personalities, and gourmet foods. Held November 18-22, 2009, the event benefits the American Institute of Wine & Food culinary arts scholarship program. Over 800 wines, 70 of San Diego's top fine dining restaurants and 30 gourmet food companies and exhibitors will participate in the 2009 Festival. For more information visit http://www.worldofwineevents.com.