Diets full of fruits and veggies, coupled with healthy lifestyle activities including walking, hiking and biking have fueled some of Hollywood's biggest makeovers.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 29, 2007
The First Annual Best and Worst Celebrity Diet List of 2007 today named the celebrities who are the best and worst role models for sustainable weight loss. The list is presented by Marc Lawrence, M.D., who reviews celebrity diets and celebrity weight at http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com
"This year's crop of celebrity diets proves the adage 'you are what you eat,'" said Dr Marc. "Diets full of fruits and veggies, coupled with healthy lifestyle activities including walking, hiking and biking have fueled some of Hollywood's biggest makeovers."
The Best Celebrity Diet List for 2007:
4. Jessica Simpson: Jessica got back her daisy dukes, shedding 25 lbs on a 5 Factor diet of lean protein, good carbs, healthy fats and fiber along with circuit and weight training.
3. Andrea Baptiste: She lost 56 lbs on The Biggest Loser and has since dropped another 8 pounds, proving not all weight loss reality TV contestants gain weight back. She continues to "lose" by daily walking and running along with a low fat and low refined-carbohydrate diet.
2. Lenny Clarke: The Rescue Me star has rescued himself, losing 144 lbs with the help of Weight Watchers and a diet of salads, fresh fruit and fish along with swimming and biking.
1. Ricki Lake: A former serial and yo-yo dieter, Ricki downsized from 250 lbs in 1991 to her present svelte 123 lbs by using a food delivery service to limit calories, daily hiking and frequent weigh-ins.
And the Worst Celebrity Diets for 2007:
4. Kirstie Alley: It's time for Kirstie to call Jenny collect. Processed sugars fuel cravings which may make her diet difficult to stick with.
3. Dr. Phil McGraw: Is the tough-love author of The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution obese? Recent reports of his weight gain show even self-help gurus have trouble following their own advice.
2. Beyonce and Ashanti: Divas shouldn't let divas do the Master Cleanse (aka the Lemonade Diet). Fasting "detox" diets wreak havoc on the metabolism and when stopped, more calories are stored as fat, so you not only re-gain weight but become proportionally fatter.
1. Britney Spears: Junk food and a quick-fix lifestyle of diet pills and energy drinks caught up with her at the recent Video Music Awards and had everyone thinking "Give Me Less."
About Dr Marc
Marc Lawrence, M.D., is a Stanford and Harvard trained, board-certified Physician Nutrition Specialist and diet doctor, who reviews celebrity diets and celebrity weight at http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com
# # #