Bernstein Liebhard LLP Reports On Study Faulting Cell Phone Radiation Testing

Share Article

Bernstein Liebhard LLP concurs with new recommendations to modify existing cell phone radiation testing practices, which underestimate the amount of cell phone radiation exposure to mobile device users.

On October 17, 2011, the Environmental Health Trust published a study in the journal Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, which concluded that cell phone radiation exposure is severely underestimated under currently used cell phone radiation testing processes.* Specifically, the report found that cell phones kept in pockets or around the waist exceed Federal Communications Commission guidelines on cell phone radiation exposure and that cell phone radiation testing practices should be revised. Researchers highlighted a major flaw with current cell phone radiation testing; currently, testing for cell phone radiation exposure is done using a male mannequin who is 6’2”, weighs 200 pounds and holds a cell phone one inch from the ear. Researchers determined that this particular test on cell phone radiation exposure is indicative of only about 3 percent of the population. As an alternative, researchers suggested a new cell phone radiation testing system in order to more accurately determine cell phone radiation exposure for the remaining 97 percent of cell phone users. They suggest that MRI scans be conducted on real humans, including pregnant women and children, which would provide cell phone radiation exposure data for a “Virtual Family.”

Dr. Devra Davis, a former senior adviser in the Department of Health and Human Services under the Clinton Administration and an author of the report, stated “The standard for cell phones has been developed based on old science and old models and old assumptions about how we use cell phones, and that’s why they need to change.”** Bernstein Liebhard LLP partner Jeffrey S. Grand, who is currently reviewing cell phone radiation lawsuits on behalf of individuals harmed as a result of cell phone radiation exposure, echoed these sentiments, commenting “Common sense and our own personal experiences tell us that most people don’t talk on a cell phone with the device held an inch away from their ear. It’s very concerning that in light of recent studies demonstrating the dangers of cell phone radiation, that this is still the safety standard being employed. It’s also very disturbing that given the rising use of cell phones by children and teenagers, that their heightened susceptibility to radiation is not being taken into account.”

Recent Cell Phone Radiation Exposure Health Advisory Issued By WHO    

In May 2011, the World Health Organization (“WHO”) recognized the health effects of cell phone use and reclassified the radiation emitted by cell phones as possibly carcinogenic to humans. Thus, all mobile phone users should be concerned about cell phone radiation exposure as they face a legitimate mobile phone cancer risk. In fact, the WHO cell phone radiation cancer advisory extended to all cell phone users. Bernstein Liebhard LLP has provided a wealth of consumer information concerning cell phone radiation damage on its website, http://www.consumerinjurylawyers.com. If you or a loved one experienced any problems as a result of cell phone radiation exposure, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and other injuries.

*environmentalhealthtrust.org/content/press-release-new-study-shows-cell-phones-exceed-fcc-exposure-limits-much-double-children

**abcnews.go.com/Health/fcc-test-measure-cellphone-radiation-cancer-risk-flawed/story?id=14750275

For more information about filing a cell phone radiation damage lawsuit, contact an attorney at Bernstein Liebhard LLP at (877) 779-1414 or at info(at)consumerinjurylawyers(dot)com.

Bernstein Liebhard LLP
10 East 40th Street
New York, New York 10016
(877) 779-1414

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. © 2011 Bernstein Liebhard LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Bernstein Liebhard LLP, 10 East 40th Street, New York, New York 10016, (212) 779-1414. The lawyer responsible for this advertisement in the State of Connecticut is Amy L. Abate. Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter.

Contact Information:
Felecia L. Stern, Esq.
Bernstein Liebhard LLP
info(at)consumerinjury.lawyers(dot)com
http://www.consumerinjurylawyers.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Felecia Stern
Visit website