Burlington, Mass. (PRWEB) September 22, 2009
Certeon, the leading provider of virtual appliance solutions for WAN optimization and application acceleration, today announced that it will host a Webcast on optimizing IBM Rational performance for a rapid return on investment. The event will take place on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET, with an "Ask the Experts" event taking place the following day, Thursday, October 15, 2009 from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET.
WHO: Charlie Kraus, Sr. Director of Business Development, Certeon and Paul Weiss, Sr. Manager Performance and Reliability, IBM Rational
WHAT: Webcast on Optimizing IBM Rational Application Performance to Achieve Improved ROI
WHEN: Wednesday, October 14, 12:00 p.m. ET/ 9:00 a.m. PT
WHERE: Register online at http://certeon.com/news_and_events/events.asp
A high-performance wide area network (WAN) infrastructure is critical to lowering costs and increasing the efficiency of remote software development environments. Software configuration management (SCM) solutions are commonly accessed over the WAN where remote developers can experience performance degradation due to high latency. Critical SCM transactions can take multiple minutes to complete with typical network latencies, resulting in lost productivity and higher development costs.
This Webcast features IBM Rational customer performance test results and total cost of ownership (TCO) and ROI analyses, which demonstrate how Certeon's aCelera application acceleration software can cost-effectively reduce Rational application response time over the WAN by up to 95 percent; save 60 percent in capital and operations TCO; and deliver an ROI in just 3 months.
- Learn how to improve IBM Rational application performance to remote developers
- Understand how to reduce your TCO by 60 percent and achieve a rapid ROI by reducing costs and increasing productivity
- See how you can expand high performance IBM Rational application remote access to include mobile developers
Ask the Experts
As a follow-up to the Webcast, presenters Charlie Kraus of Certeon and Paul Weiss from IBM will be available to answer your real-time questions about optimizing IBM Rational application remote access, lowering costs, and improving ROI in this interactive online Q&A session. This "Ask the Experts" session will take place on Thursday, October 15, 2009 from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Charlie Kraus is a senior director of business development for Certeon and manages the IBM partner relationship. Kraus authored a white paper on IBM Rational application performance and works with large IBM Rational customers, presenting acceleration solutions for IBM Rational applications.
- Paul Weiss is the senior manager of the Performance and Reliability team (PRT) for the Rational Software Brand of the IBM Software Group (SWG). Weiss has been with IBM for 6 years and has more than 13 years of experience with IBM Rational products. Weiss' Performance and Reliability team is currently responsible for assisting the largest worldwide corporations in optimizing application performance within their large enterprise C&RM development environments.
You can register for the "Ask the Experts" event here (http://certeon.com/marcom/click_counter.asp?Deliverable=83).
aCelera Virtual Appliance software products are the perfect union of virtualization and application acceleration technology, providing businesses with performance, scalability, and easy management. aCelera is system-independent and hypervisor-agnostic. aCelera maximizes application acceleration for all traffic with performance enhancements for mission critical applications and business continuity environments, improving network bandwidth optimization and performance by more than 95 percent. When compared to proprietary hardware appliances, aCelera software saves IT departments up to 60 percent in capital and operations costs.
Certeon's aCelera software is the first WAN optimization and application acceleration virtual appliance to deliver acceleration, scalability, and manageability when remotely accessing applications throughout a distributed enterprise. aCelera software reduces application response time over the WAN by more than 95 percent without proprietary hardware appliances. aCelera performance scales linearly as more resources are added (i.e., CPU, memory, and disk) and supports up to 50 percent more concurrent accelerated connections than "closed" proprietary hardware appliances. Enterprises and managed service providers can save as much as 60 percent in total cost of ownership (TCO) when deploying aCelera software to virtualized infrastructures. aCelera is flexible and easy to deploy, delivering faster, more scalable application acceleration to more users. For more information visit http://www.certeon.com.
©2009 Certeon Inc. Certeon is a registered trademark and aCelera is a trademark of Certeon Inc. All other company names and/or product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.