Carrollton, TX (PRWEB) October 17, 2012
The holiday season is fast approaching, so Certified Payment Processing (CPP) offers the Top Ten reasons that businesses should consider providing gift cards to their customers:
1. Holidays are the perfect time to offer this service, since your customers are looking for gifts and gift ideas for this season. People like to give them, and they also like to receive them. According to a study by the National Retail Federation (NFR), 57 percent of adults saying they prefer gift cards. Also according to the survey, 77.3 percent of holiday shoppers indicate they will buy at least one gift card.
2. It’s a growing market. According to the NFR study, interest in gift cards continues to rise. The research says consumers are spending more on gift cards, especially during the holiday season.
3. Federal regulations (CARD Act; August, 2010) have made gift cards more desirable. Prepaid cards, gift cards and gift certificates don’t expire within five years of activation unless the terms of the expiration are clearly disclosed. This not only strengthens the lasting value of the cards, it enhances their image in the mind of the buying public.
4. Gift cards are advanced cash flow to your business. A customer pays for the card in advance, but redeems for products or services at a later time. That’s upfront money!
5. If a customer buys your gift cards, they will obviously return to your business to use that card. That builds customer loyalty and helps insure repeat business.
6. Gift cards increase your customer base. Because many people buy gift cards to give to others, those who receive the card will likely use that card in your place of business. This gives you a new customer, as well as a chance at their future business beyond the value of the card.
7. They are an excellent “word-of-mouth” method of marketing. The cards are personalized, and can be reprogrammed and reused. Those giving your imprinted gift cards are promoting your business to their friends and family, helping to increase awareness of your products or services.
8. Studies show customers using in-store gift cards spend more than the face amount of the card—with some estimates as much as 80 percent more than the face value of gift cards.
9. Not all gift cards are redeemed and not all the money on the card is used, so that’s additional profit for your bottom line.
10. The costs to provide gift cards to your customers are reasonable. Many businesses assume that gift cards are only for the largest, national retailers, but gift card service can be implemented in almost any size and every kind of business with very little start-up costs and low monthly fees.
CPP is a provider of credit card processing services and also leases point-of-sale terminals that quickly process all forms of payments: debit and credit card transactions, gift cards and checks. The products and services are designed to help businesses increase revenue, control costs, improve efficiency, enhance data security and provide their customers with the most popular payment methods. CPP can answer your questions about how to provide gift cards to your customers.
# # #
About Certified Payment Processing
Certified Payment Processing (CPP) is a full-service provider of electronic payment equipment for processing purchases made by debit and credit cards, as well as checks and online purchases, in addition to a range of other specialized merchant services. With two sales entities -- TransTech Merchant Group and Summit Merchant Solutions -- CPP has more than 40,000 active merchants and transactions in excess of $3 billion. CPP has a support staff of 330 people to provide assistance to hundreds of field sales representatives across the country, and is headquartered just outside of Dallas, Texas. Those interested in working with CPP as a local sales representative are encouraged to visit the company’s career site, where they can submit their resume