Sherée Gayman, senior catering sales executive at the Charleston Marriott Town Center, offers her insights into the latest trends and tips for planning a wedding in 2012.
Charleston, WV (PRWEB) January 23, 2012
According to the Fairchild Bridal Group, 26% of marriage proposals occur during the months of November and December. With this in mind, Sherée Gayman, senior catering sales executive at the Charleston Marriott Town Center, offers her insights into the latest trends and tips for planning a wedding in 2012.
This hotel in Charleston, WV offers exceptional wedding reception venues. Ms. Gayman has worked with couples from all over the United States to develop a dream wedding and knows what can be cut and what should be focused on when preparing a Charleston, West Virginia wedding venue.
According to Ms. Gayman, brides and grooms are still quite budget-conscious these days and these are the five key areas where costs can be trimmed:
- Centerpieces - formal centerpieces from florists can really add up if couples have one for every table, so many brides are opting to do their own centerpieces.
- Favors - favors are not a priority anymore and most brides are eliminating them altogether.
- Meal - to really save money, couples are choosing to have a cocktail reception versus a full seated dinner.
- Decorations - corners can be cut with decorations by doing table runners and chair ties versus renting linens and chair covers.
- Entertainment - DJs are proving to be a more cost-effective entertainment choice than bands.
Other food and beverage trends which Ms. Gayman is seeing for weddings include the following:
- Ethnic/Street Food-Inspired appetizers are hot (e.g., tempura, kabobs, hummus).
- Butler-passed hors d'oeuvres not only make the food service seem more elegant, but it controls the food cost as well.
- Buffet dinners are growing in popularity versus plated dinners.
- An open bar is being replaced by one or two specialty drinks.
One of the most popular Charleston, WV hotels to host wedding receptions, the Charleston Marriott Town Center features a total of 17,500 square feet of event space, the largest of which is the Grand Ballroom, which at 6,213 square feet can accommodate up to 500 people for a banquet. The hotel also has a rooftop pavilion which offers stunning skyline views and seating for up to 400 guests. Ms. Gayman — and her team of Marriott Certified Wedding Planners — can work with newly engaged couples to design a wedding that meets not just their budget, but their vision for a truly special celebration as well. For more information on hosting a wedding at the Charleston Marriott Town Center, call 304-353-3620.
About the Charleston Marriott Town Center Hotel
The Charleston Marriott Town Center is conveniently located near the Tri State and Charleston Yeager Airport, and offers guests complimentary roundtrip shuttle service. This charming downtown Charleston, WV hotel features 352 rooms and is minutes away from the Charleston Civic Center, University of Charleston and the Tri State Racetrack & Gaming Center Casino. The hotel's comprehensive facilities include the Whitewater Grille restaurant, fitness center, indoor pool, and whirlpool. Additionally, the hotel is near to area golf courses, whitewater rafting, and shopping at the Charleston Town Center Mall. For additional information, call 304-345-6500 or visit http://www.charlestonmarriotttowncenter.com.