We have had really great feedback from delegates; everyone was very excited about getting on a chartered train. Our colleagues in the US were very impressed. We look forward to working with you again.
(Vocus) November 4, 2010
Train Chartering has supplied a private charter train to MetLife in connection with its purchase of American Life Insurance Company (Alico). MetLife needed to bring 600 Alico employees from Brighton and Croydon into London for a staff conference.
Train Chartering provides a wide range of trains for charter, from luxury to high capacity, as well as private carriages / rail cars, on national railways in the UK, mainland Europe and North America, as well as Eurostar and other high-speed international services.
The delegates were welcomed by Train Chartering’s stewards on their arrival at the departure stations, Brighton and East Croydon. Train Chartering manages on-station liaison with railway staff and train crew and assures special signage and announcements. Train Chartering also organises private lounges at or near stations as well as catering, branding, onboard meeting & entertainment options.
In addition, Train Chartering (with its Transport Charter subsidiary) provides rail event planning at destination such as transfers and venues, being in a perfect position to manage the transition between train and final destination.
MetLife were able to offer their delegates a choice of trains for the return journey, thanks to Train Chartering providing tickets valid at different times. This allowed staff to choose whether to spend a few hours in London or return home straight after the conference.
Tammy Bone is MetLife’s Marketing Manager. She is pleased she chose Train Chartering and how the charter went: “We have had really great feedback from delegates; everyone was very excited about getting on a chartered train. Our colleagues in the US were very impressed. We look forward to working with you again. ”
Train Chartering is the pioneer of a coordinated approach to sourcing, theming and crewing special trains and carriages for a variety of corporate and leisure applications. This full service approach is enhanced by comprehensive guest management, including ground handling & transfer services.
Train Chartering, +44–0–1249 890 176
Notes for editors
1. Press briefing notes from 01249-890 176 or email
2. Photos available from Train Chartering's Flickr Set
3. Train Chartering supplies private charter trains and carriages from any station to any station, to a tailored timetable, for groups over 10 up to 120 in private trains and carriages, up to 750 in private trains and more than 3,000 per day.
4. Private trains and carriages are unusual venues for meetings, seminars, blue sky thinking and are perfect for incentive travel, delegate / exhibitor travel for conferences and exhibitions, hospitality and event travel.
5. Train Chartering provides full guest and project management, which includes:
a. transfers from anywhere to the station
b. meet ‘n greet and guiding through the station to the train
c. onboard catering, entertainment, branding and theming
d. specialised carriages for meetings and presentations
6. Transport Charter is a Train Chartering division for multi-modal passenger charter transport by land, air or water.
7. On November 1st 2010, MetLife, Inc. completed its purchase of American Life Insurance Company (Alico). This deal brings together two well-established, international businesses with proven track records of growth. The combination creates a global life insurance and employee benefits powerhouse.
MetLife in the UK