Attendees will include musicians, DJs, songwriters, music producers, audio engineers, music students, and music educators who are interested in new opportunities to make connections, gain knowledge and ideas, and accelerate their careers.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) July 14, 2015
The International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) will present IMSTA FESTA, its annual celebration of music technology, at the Chicago campus of SAE Institute. IMSTA FESTA is a free networking and learning event, and is open to the public.
“IMSTA FESTA provides an exciting environment where creative minds can interact with the industry’s premier music makers,” says SAE Chicago Campus Director James Thomas.
“Attendees will include professional and semi-professional musicians, DJs, songwriters, music producers, audio engineers, music students, and music educators who are interested in new opportunities to make connections, gain knowledge and ideas, and accelerate their careers.”
Highlights of IMSTA FESTA Chicago will include:
- A keynote speech delivered by multi-platinum producer/engineer/musician/songwriter Steve Albini (Nirvana, Bush, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, Mogwai, The Breeders)
- Panels on the state of the music business, audio technology, EDM/dance music, and more
- Master classes with a selection of companies that will offer tips, secrets, and tricks on how to maximize the efficiency of production tools
- Live hands-on demonstrations of the latest studio gear, software, and equipment
- Door prizes and raffle prizes, which will be given away throughout the day from exhibiting companies
- The IMSTA FESTA Songwriting Competition judging panel, where attendees can hear the finalists’ songs (winners will choose from over $15,000 in prizes, including gear product Native Instruments Komplete, Arturia V Collection, SONY Audio Mastering Suite, Celemony Melodyne Editor, Steinberg Wavelab, FabFilter Pro-Q 2, and McDSP Emerald Pack Native )
IMSTA FESTA Chicago will take place on Saturday, July 25 from 11:00am – 6:00pm at the Chicago campus of SAE Institute (820 North Orleans Street, #125). IMSTA FESTA Chicago is open to the public. Admission is free with online registration.
SAE Institute provides aspiring creative media professionals with a foundation of practical theory and valuable hands-on training in their chosen areas of concentration. Under the guidance of our faculty, which is comprised of working industry professionals, students gain the essential experience they need for entry-level jobs in the entertainment business. Our students are supported in their job searches by SAE’s international network of alumni, many of whom are leaders in the music, film, game arts, and live performance arenas. We offer programs in audio technology across our seven US campuses, along with a music business program at select locations, all fully accredited and focused on preparing students for employment when they graduate. Bachelor’s Degree programs in Animation, Audio, Film, Game Art & Graphic Design are available at the two locations of Ex’pression College, which is owned and operated by SAE Institute Group, Inc. Learn more at USA.sae.edu. SAE Institute Group, Inc. is a part of Navitas LTD (Navitas.com).