San Francisco, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) February 04, 2011
Recognizing the financial hardships of attending graduate school and the high cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area, the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM), a Bay Area acupuncture treatment and Chinese Medicine college, devoted its fundraising in 2010 to the student scholarship fund. As a result, ACTCM will be offering $10,100 of scholarship money to deserving ACTCM students. Eligible students can apply for up to five scholarships. The deadline for applications is March 1st, 2011.
ACTCM will offer the following scholarships for the Spring Quarter 2011:
- Li Guangyu Scholarships: $2,500, $1,500, and $1,000 – 2nd or 3rd level students who demonstrate general academic excellence.
- Medical Insurance Exchange of California Scholarship: $1,500 – 3rd level student who demonstrates general academic excellence.
- Dr. Bingzeng Zou Scholarship: $600 – 2nd level student who demonstrates strong herbal knowledge.
- Traditional Medicinals Scholarship: $1,500 – 3rd level student who demonstrates strong herbal knowledge.
- Harris Scholarship: three $500 scholarships – 2nd or 3rd level students who demonstrate exceptional community service.
Students are welcome to apply for one or all of the scholarships for which they are eligible. To be eligible for the scholarship programs, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Have passed first-level comprehensive exams
- Maintain a GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Obtain a faculty recommendation
- Answer an essay question or personal statement of up to 1,000 words on a topic related to the specific scholarship
The scholarship application and faculty recommendation form are available in the financial aid office. Applications are due to the financial aid office by March 1st, 2011. Scholarship funds are to be used only for books, tuition expenses, or fees. Students who withdraw during the semester are obliged to return any scholarships awarded.
For more information about ACTCM’s Spring Quarter 2011 scholarships, call ACTCM at (415) 202-5713 or visit their website at http://www.actcm.edu.
About the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine San Francisco
The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) has been at the forefront of educating students in Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco since its inception in 1980. Their two degree programs—the Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM) and the Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM)—provide a truly exceptional professional education.
ACTCM’s community clinics serve as a diverse and demanding training ground for their students, while providing affordable health care services to the community. ACTCM’s certificate programs in Tui Na and Shiatsu and its introductory classes for the public offer additional educational opportunities for current ACTCM students, healthcare professionals and the general public.
Acupuncture restores balance and health, and is used for everything from chronic pain to drug dependence. It is also an effective allergy, weight loss, and fertility treatment. During treatment sterile, disposable needles are inserted at acupuncture points along the meridians. Because of the thin and pliable needles used, most people feel little to no discomfort as the needles are inserted, and patients often feel energized or a deep sense of relaxation and well-being.
# # #