We expect these podcasts to serve as valuable informational tools that will help other organizations as they strive to create automated, sustainable business processes for enterprise access governance across their own enterprise networks.
Waltham, MA (PRWEB) August 7, 2007
Aveksa, Inc. (http://www.aveksa.com), the leading provider of enterprise access governance solutions, today announced the release of a two-part podcast series featuring Craig Shumard, CIGNA's award-winning chief information security officer. A noted industry expert, Shumard discusses the steps that the multi-billion dollar health benefits provider is taking to automate previously manual processes for the monitoring, reporting and certification of user entitlements and roles, as well as to deploy metrics-driven role lifecycle management, across its entire network. The first podcast is available immediately for download at Aveksa.com and the second segment will debut on Monday, August 13. These interviews are the first in an ongoing series of podcasts that Aveksa will be releasing over the coming months to inform listeners about key security, risk management and compliance issues.
For more information about Aveksa's Enterprise Access Governance Podcast Series with CIGNA, or to download one of the segments, please visit:
Since becoming CIGNA's CISO in May of 1999, Shumard has been responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of a corporate-wide information protection strategy, which addresses all matters related to safeguarding and protecting CIGNA's business and customer information. During his first podcast, Shumard describes the scope of CIGNA's IT network, as well as the origins and development of his comprehensive role-based access control (RBAC) initiative. His interview explains:
•How Enterprise Access Governance fits into CIGNA's strategic initiatives for identity-driven security, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- The scope and objectives of CIGNA's project in terms of in terms of people, applications and total number of entitlement/roles managed.
- The importance and challenges of creating an effective workflow for business and technology managers to define and approve roles.
In his second podcast, which will debut on Monday, August 13, Shumard will describe in detail CIGNA's deployment of Aveksa's Enterprise Access Governance technology for enterprise-wide entitlement and role lifecycle management. He will explain how Aveksa will help CIGNA more efficiently address security and regulatory demands through collaborative business processes that automate manual tasks, enforce accountability and provide evidence of compliance. During this segment, Shumard will discuss:
- The testing that Shumard and CIGNA's staff employed to determine that Aveksa's technology will accomplish the goals that he has in place and the processes it is automating
- The specific challenges of entitlement and role lifecycle management, and how Aveksa helps CIGNA with this process
- How Aveksa 3 complements and leverages CIGNA's existing identity management infrastructure
- How business managers and security and compliance teams will benefit from Aveksa's entitlement and role lifecycle management capabilities
- How CIGNA expects Aveksa's Enterprise Access Governance Suite to dramatically simplify its identity risk and compliance efforts.
"The steps that CIGNA has taken to implement its role based access control initiative present a universal lesson for companies seeking to more efficiently manage user access for effective compliance and risk management," said Deepak Taneja, CEO of Aveksa. "We expect these podcasts to serve as valuable informational tools that will help other organizations as they strive to create automated, sustainable business processes for enterprise access governance across their own enterprise networks."
Aveksa provides the only comprehensive, enterprise-class, access governance, risk management and compliance solution. Aveksa automates the monitoring, reporting, certification and remediation of user entitlements and roles; enables role discovery and lifecycle management; and delivers unmatched visibility into the true state of user access rights. With Aveksa, business, security and compliance teams can effectively collaborate and enforce accountability. Our growing customer base includes leading organizations in financial services, healthcare and manufacturing. For more information, go to http://www.aveksa.com.