We’re glad The Family Handyman pinpointed fog-free eye protection as a crucial safety issue for DIY-ers. We developed Clarity Defog It to help solve the problem.
Valley View, Ohio (Vocus) February 4, 2010
The February issue of The Family Handyman magazine features Nanofilm Clarity Defog It™ anti-fog towelettes in the New Pro Tools section. Clarity Defog It anti-fog treatment is a high-performance solution to help defog safety glasses, safety goggles, welding faceshields and eyeglasses. It is also effective and safe on ski goggles, scuba masks, motorcycle faceshields, binoculars, scopes and other optics. A single application can keep optics fog-free up to all day.
The Defog It fog prevention formula is used by the military around the world for optics in vision-critical situations and its performance has been proven in rigorous lab tests. In one test , when treated lenses were held over constant hot steam, Clarity Defog It kept the lens fog-free for a full 60 minutes. Competitors failed in as little as 5 minutes.
In another test , coated lenses were repeatedly moved between freezing and room temperatures, simulating a worker moving between hot and cold environments. Fog formed almost immediately with competitive products, but Clarity Defog It anti-fog treatment stayed clear for 100 cycles of heat and cold.
In the article editors of The Family Handyman reminded readers of the importance of fog free safety glasses, saying, “Sometimes trying to work safely can actually be dangerous, like when you strap on a respirator and immediately your safety glasses fog up and you can’t see.”
“We’re glad The Family Handyman pinpointed fog-free eye protection as a crucial safety issue for DIY-ers.” says John Swett, Nanofilm Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We developed Clarity Defog It to help solve the problem.”
Nanofilm has received hundreds of customer kudos on Clarity Defog It.
- “Usually when I use a dust mask I get extensive fogging on my goggles. After using Clarity Defog It Dry Towelettes the goggles did not fog up at all.”
- “I used Defog It on my glasses in my forge shop and never had any of the normal fogging of lenses that I normally have. It is easy to use.”
- “Works great. Used on my shop glasses which always seem to fog over when I am working hard. After using this product, no more fogging.”
- “Since I wear a face mask when working on my lathe, I used to fog my glasses. With this product I have had no problems with fogging.”
- “Prevents fogging of glasses or goggles in the workshop. This is a safety issue as well as a quality issue.”
Clarity Defog It is available at Amazon.com and other retailers. Three reusable towelettes in a plastic carrying case sell for $7.49 (MSRP). A half-ounce bottle of the all-in-one cleaner and anti-fog liquid is $4.99 (MSRP). More information is available at nanofilmproducts.com or by calling 1-888-ENDS-FOG.
Nanofilm, founded in 1985, is a global optical leader in lens care and coatings. Millions of people around the world use Nanofilm products, including Clarity Clean It™, Clarity Defog It™ and other lens care products, as well as nanotechnology-enabled coatings. More information is available at http://www.nanofilmproducts.com.
# # #