Closet Couture is specifically designed to help you shop smart by making sure the new items you buy will complement your personal style and existing clothes.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 22, 2008
Closet Couture, an online fashion community and wardrobe management system, opened its public beta today. To create an account, visit http://www.closetcouture.com.
Closet Couture solves the age-old problem of having plenty of clothes but nothing to wear. Anchored around the concept of virtual closets, the site makes it easy to maximize a wardrobe by pairing existing items with new purchases. To refine your image, simply enlist the help of a site stylist or friend to review your closet and create outfits out of what you already own, or to suggest the best buys in the market.
For stylists and retailers, Closet Couture offers a marketplace for reaching new clientele and a platform for improving customer service, establishing brand loyalty and having their own social functionality with clients.
High-profile names that have already set up shop at Closet Couture include New York's Kirna Zabete.com and Hollywould, Los Angeles's Presseboutique.com and Il Primo Passo, Palm Beach's House of Lavande, and world-renowned Vivre.com, with several big name retailers on deck.
"Making do with what you have is especially important in this economy," said Closet Couture Founder and CEO, Christine Elia. "Closet Couture is specifically designed to help you shop smart by making sure the new items you buy will complement your personal style and existing clothes."
Some of the site's most popular features and functionality include:
- Stylist Marketplace - Need advice or shopping help? Closet Couture stylists will create new fabulous outfits with the clothes you already have, or suggest new purchases from outside retailers to make your look perfect for any occasion.
- Fashion calendar - Save looks on your calendar to track what you're wearing, and who's seeing you in it. Never be caught in the same outfit twice!
- Packing lists - Ever forget that one essential item or have your luggage lost en route to your destination? These visual checklists have you covered…. Pay up for my lost bag, Airlines!
- Wish lists - Love that celebrity look? Look through the closet of your favorite style icon and tag items you like. Closet Couture will help you get the same look for less.
- Forums - Get the skinny on the latest trends and seasonal tips here - our stylists and retailers are in the forums giving out great personal recommendations and advice - for free!
Closet Couture's advisory board includes: Constance Klein, Philippe Soussand, Eva Jeanbart Lorenzotti, Karen Salmon, Andrei Marinescu and Paul Woods.
Membership to Closet Couture is free.
About Closet Couture
Closet Couture is a fashion social network that connects stylists and retailers to fashion-interested women by providing a platform for services and transactions. Closet Couture is anchored around virtual closets which provide an easy way to manage one's wardrobe, select outfits, receive personalized shopping recommendations and solve the age-old problem of having a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear. The company is based in Los Angeles, California and launched at the prestigious TechCrunch50 conference. To learn more, please visit http://www.closetcouture.com.