Carpathia evaluated many cloud solutions before selecting Yunteq
Menlo Park, CA (Vocus) July 8, 2010
Yunteq, Inc., a provider of software to build and operate customizable, policy-driven enterprise-grade clouds to host applications as cloud-based services, announced today that Carpathia Hosting, a leading provider of enterprise managed hosting and cloud services, has selected and deployed Yunteq’s YunController™ software to power the provisioning, management and automation of its InstantOn™ Enterprise Cloud offering.
Carpathia Hosting was looking for a solution to provide the core control and automation services for its second-generation cloud solutions. It selected Yunteq for a number of reasons, including:
- Policy-driven resource control – a powerful, policy-driven architecture that permits policies to be associated with, and enforced for, users, organizations, applications and infrastructure;
- Templating and application life-cycle management – allowing the rapid creation and deployment of pre-built cloud applications;
- Flexible multi-tenancy – allowing the incorporation of customer-specific organizational units and users for isolation, access control and charge-backs;
- Network isolation – of multi-tenant traffic on shared network infrastructure;
- Distributed storage – allowing cost-effective scaling of the cloud infrastructure;
- Multi-site support – via a modular, federated architecture;
- Hybrid cloud support – enabling elastic tiers in physically hosted applications;
- Rapid integration – into E3Portal™ and internal workflows via simple, powerful APIs;
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure support – for the Citrix® XenServer® hypervisor and NetScaler® application delivery controller technologies.
“Carpathia evaluated many cloud solutions before selecting Yunteq,” said Jon Greaves, CTO at Carpathia Hosting. “Our goals were to marry best in breed cloud technologies with our focus on enterprise and federal customers. Yunteq provided the basis for Carpathia’s innovation of compliance and hybrid cloud solutions for commercial and federal customers.”
“We are excited to be partnering with Carpathia Hosting in delivering their second-generation Enterprise Cloud,” said Nakul Saraiya, CEO at Yunteq. “We see Carpathia as leading the way in deploying cloud technology that meets the stringent requirements of commercial and federal customers, and look forward to working with them in helping enterprises realize the benefits of cloud computing.”
Yunteq YunController™ is available as of 2Q10. For more information, please see http://www.yunteq.com/products.html .
Carpathia InstantOn™ Enterprise Cloud is available as of 2Q10. For more information, please see http://www.carpathiahost.com/enterprisecloud/index.html.
About Carpathia Hosting
Carpathia Hosting is a leading provider of managed hosting services, providing secure, reliable and compliant IT infrastructure and management for some of the world’s most demanding enterprises and federal agencies. Founded in 2003, Carpathia Hosting is a growing, profitable business run by a seasoned management team with deep experience in delivering enterprise hosting solutions including colocation, managed services and cloud computing. Carpathia’s suite of services is designed for organizations seeking scalable, secure, robust, and enterprise-grade hosting solutions that can be quickly provisioned or tailored to meet unique requirements. Backed by its E3 Promise, Carpathia Hosting consistently delivers an experience that exceeds customers’ expectations. Contact Carpathia Hosting at 1.888.200.9494 or visit http://www.carpathia.com for more information.
Yunteq, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the vision of dramatically reducing the cost and complexity of enterprise IT while providing agility, through the use of policy-driven clouds to host business applications as cloud-based services. The team includes successful entrepreneurs and industry veterans with deep collective experience in enterprise datacenter design, implementation, virtualization, and management. The company is privately held and located in Menlo Park, California. Contact Yunteq at 1.888.498.6837 or visit http://www.yunteq.com for more information.
Instant On™ and Cloud Orchestration™ are trademarks of Carpathia Hosting, Inc. Citrix®, XenServer® and NetScaler® are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.