With this release, we make it even easier for enterprises to choose which configuration management tools are right for them.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
enStratus announced today the latest release of its cloud management solution that extends its leadership in enterprise cloud management. This new release includes a new configuration management user interface, support for leading configuration management systems and extended on-premises capabilities.
“In comparison to our competitor’s proprietary configuration management systems, enStratus has always supported a variety of configuration management options, including both native Chef and Puppet. With this release, we build upon that support with new capabilities aimed at making it even easier for enterprises to choose which configuration management tools are right for them, ” commented James Urquhart, VP of Product Strategy. “This approach, as well as expanded on-premises deployment options, will enable enterprises to better meet their cloud management needs across their private and public clouds.”
This new release includes the following new configuration management features:
- Tighter Integration with Chef and Puppet - enStratus extends its existing open support for leading configuration management systems, including Chef and Puppet, by simplifying access to the multitude of existing Chef recipes directly from the console. Similar support for Puppet targeted for March 2012.
- New Configuration Management UI - Clients can now manage server personalities—groups of scripts that are bundled and executed in a particular order—directly through the user interface. In addition, new in-console editing features allow uploading, viewing and editing related configuration management scripts.
- Drag and Drop Configuration Management – Clients can also drag and drop scripts and personalities to a virtual machine when launching a new virtual machine or launch configuration.
For enStratus on-premises clients, new features include:
- On-premises Installer - An expanded installer enables rapid and simple enStratus installation.
- Mixed Network Topologies - Support for mixed network topologies to communicate with virtual machines in different networks in the same cloud—privately or publicly addressable.
- Expanded Customization - Greater ability to customize the enStratus user interface such as controlling the footer and console or hiding features not required.
- LDAP/Active Directory Authentication - Ability to authenticate via LDAP/AD including multi-factor authentication via SMS token.
For more information on this new release of enStratus, call +1-612-746-3091 or sign-up for a free trial at http://www.enstratus.com/trial.
enStratus™ is a cloud infrastructure management solution for deploying and managing enterprise-class applications in public, private and hybrid clouds. enStratus has a multi-cloud architecture that provides governance, automation and cloud independence.
We deliver governance for the cloud through a patent-pending security architecture and a powerful management console across all leading public and private clouds including Amazon Web Services, AT&T Synaptic Storage, Bluelock, Cloud Central, Cloud.com, CloudSigma, EMC Atmos, Eucalyptus, GoGrid, Google Storage, Nimbula, OpenStack, Rackspace, ServerExpress, Terremark, VMware and Windows Azure.
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, enStratus serves hundreds of organizations worldwide including Korea's largest telecom provider KT, Silanis, SAIC, and The Cloud Security Alliance.