Most medical conditions are improved by losing weight, and the videos highlight the advantages of seeing a physician to lose weight.
Tarrytown, NY (PRWEB) August 25, 2010
The Center for Medical Weight Loss, the leading national network of physicians specializing in weight loss and maintenance, has released 11 new videos to help answer frequently asked questions about weight loss. According to the latest figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 68% of Americans are either overweight or obese. Obesity and overweight increase the risk of developing more serious health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer.
All of the medical weight loss videos feature the expert guidance of Dr. Michael Kaplan, founder and Chief Medical Officer of The Center for Medical Weight Loss. He discusses important weight loss topics from a medical weight loss perspective, such as why diets high in protein will help with weight loss, how losing weight can benefit people with diabetes, and why body fat percentage is so important to control.
"I think the videos will be really helpful in teaching patients how medical weight loss can help them," Dr. Kaplan said. "Most medical conditions are improved by losing weight, and the videos highlight the advantages of seeing a physician to lose weight."
The videos, which can be viewed on The Center for Medical Weight Loss YouTube channel, cover the following medical weight loss topics:
- What is Medical Weight Loss? Why medical weight loss is more effective than non-medical weight loss plans.
- Weight Loss and Type 2 Diabetes: The importance of weight loss in treating diabetes, plus how diabetes medications may actually lead to weight gain.
- Medical Weight Loss and Protein Diets: Why eating enough protein is so essential for losing weight.
- What is Metabolism? How medical weight loss can improve metabolism for more effective long-term weight loss.
- Weight Loss and Joint Pain: The benefits of weight loss for relieving hip, knee, back, and other joint pain.
- Weight Loss and Hypothyroidism: How a slow thyroid may be the root cause of weight gain or obesity - and how medical weight loss can help.
- Weight Loss and Hypertension: The dangers of high blood pressure and how weight loss can be effective in reducing hypertension.
- Why Do We Feel Hungry? A closer look at the hormones behind our hunger.
- Weight Loss and Body Fat Percentage: Why body fat percentage is so important to control.
- What is Food Addiction? How medical weight loss can help treat an addiction to food.
- About The Center for Medical Weight Loss: Dr. Kaplan discusses the history of the CMWL program.
About The Center for Medical Weight Loss
The Center for Medical Weight Loss (CMWL) programs provide an approach to long-term weight loss and maintenance under the care and support of trained physicians. Each fully individualized program is customized to the patient, taking into account his or her medical history, body composition, and personal goals. This individual care is supported with on-going one-on-one counseling by the physician on important topics including nutrition, fitness, behavioral modification, motivation, and, where necessary, prescribed medications. Physicians at The Center for Medical Weight Loss are all certified professionals specially trained in non-surgical bariatric medicine who have access to the latest techniques and medical data, including high-quality nutritional products and FDA-approved weight loss medications only available to medical doctors.
CMWL Corporate Office
# # #