I am pleased with the excellent executive team that we have in place to execute our next phase of growth
Cary, North Carolina (PRWEB) August 24, 2009
Consonus Technologies, a data center services company, today announced key transitions on its leadership team, taking a logical next step to position itself for growth over the next decade.
Beginning October 1, Mike Shook, CEO of Consonus and founder of Strategic Technologies, which merged with Consonus in 2007, will retire from day-to-day operations. Will Shook, Executive Vice President of Consonus Channel Sales and co-founder of Strategic Technologies , will also step away from day-to-day operations. The Shooks will continue their active presence on the Consonus Board of Directors, providing key strategic direction.
Concurrent with these changes, Bob McCarthy, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and John Roger, Chief Operating Officer, will both assume the role of co-president of Consonus. McCarthy will be responsible for all aspects of sales, marketing, channels, alliances, and business development, while Roger will lead all aspects of operations, finance, and customer support. In addition, Nana Baffour, Executive Chairman of the Consonus Board of Directors, will be more involved in the strategic direction and operation of the company, working with McCarthy, Roger and the rest of the executive management team.
"I am pleased with the excellent executive team that we have in place to execute our next phase of growth," said Baffour. "It is a privilege to work more closely with the fine men and women at Consonus. With the progress we have made in the last two and half years in enhancing our operations, increasing our market reach, improving our balance sheet, and strengthening our management team, Consonus is well-positioned to be the critical partner that our clients deserve to assist them in their data center needs. We also look forward to bringing innovation to solve the emerging client needs of energy efficiency, virtualization, and cloud computing."
Looking back on the Shooks' 21 years of service to the industry, Baffour added, "I would like to thank Mike for all of his contributions to Strategic Technologies and Consonus. His relentless focus on customers and employees has provided Consonus with an excellent base of relationships from which we can grow the business. Mike is a true professional, and I look forward to continuing to work with him on the board. I would also like to thank Will for all of his contributions to sales and marketing. He has a keen sense of client needs and innovative ways to solve their problems, and we will continue to benefit from his knowledge and talent on the board".
Mike Shook said, "After 21 years, I am pleased to transition the business to such capable leaders. I have absolute confidence in John and Bob, as well as the rest of the Consonus management team. I would like to thank all of the Consonus employees for their tireless commitment to customers -- one I know they will maintain. I look forward to staying involved with the company in a strategic role. Rest assured, our clients are in good hands. The company will continue to be a place that values customers as well as the contribution of each and every employee."
Will Shook agreed, "Since the merger of Strategic Technologies and Consonus in January 2007, we have worked hard to ensure a smooth transition of the business to a capable leadership team. I am pleased to know the critical building blocks are in place for our channel program, which will continue to grow and be a significant contributor to shareholder value."
The Consonus management team consists of:
- Robert F. McCarthy, Co-President, who has served as the Consonus executive vice president of sales and marketing since June 2008. Previously, he served as the president, CEO, and board member of Ring 9, Inc., a provider of voice over IP and business collaboration services. From 2004 until 2006 he served as vice president of the Florida and Caribbean markets for CA, Inc. (formerly Computer Associates). Prior to CA, he had a 16-year career at AT&T, where he held a variety of positions in sales, marketing and operations.
- John J. Roger, Co-President, who has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer of Consonus since August 2007. From 2006 to 2007, Roger served as the chief operating officer and chief financial officer of VilCom, LLC. Previously, Roger worked at the General Electric Company (GE) where, during his 21-year tenure, Roger obtained experience in many industry sectors, including strategic growth, sales, general management, finance, operations, Six Sigma/ Lean Quality asset management and strategic sourcing.
- Karen Bertaux, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Bucheit, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development
- Daniel Milburn, Senior Vice President, COO of Hosting and Infrastructure Services
- Robert Muir, Vice President of Western Operations and Corporate Treasurer
About Consonus Technologies
Consonus Technologies, Inc. is a leading national provider of IT infrastructure, data center services, colocation, and IT managed services solutions based in Cary, NC. Offering a comprehensive suite of IT infrastructure services, combined with highly secure and reliable data centers across the country, Consonus provides customers with complete solutions addressing disaster recovery and data center availability, manageability, and consolidation. Visit Consonus Technologies on the Web at http://www.consonus.com .
# # #