The usability and uniqueness of our award-winning virtual campus and online learning technology differentiates CTU. With this microsite, prospective students can experience the benefits of our online education in a way we weren't able to communicate in words or pictures before.
Colorado Springs, CO (Vocus) September 15, 2009
Many students researching prospective colleges schedule a campus visit. But for those seeking a degree online, campus visits typically have consisted of a video with computer screen shots and a voiceover - until now, that is. Colorado Technical University (CTU) has announced the launch of a unique marketing tool for the online education industry: an animated microsite that uses state-of-the-art software to provide an interactive, 360-degree tour of the award-winning CTU Virtual Campus.
The online education industry has experienced rapid growth in recent years, with almost 11 percent of college students in 2008 enrolled online and growth of such enrollment projected to reach 18 percent by 2013, according to the Eduventures Online Higher Education Learning Collaborative. In fact, 81 percent of the CTU student population is at CTU Online, as of July 31, 2009.
"More and more universities are offering degrees online, but not all online experiences are the same," said Brett Harris, director of marketing for Colorado Technical University. "The usability and uniqueness of our award-winning virtual campus and online learning technology differentiates CTU. With this microsite, prospective students can experience the benefits of our online education in a way we weren't able to communicate in words or pictures before."
The virtual tour allows prospective students to explore the features, flexibility and benefits of a CTU Online education. Visitors can "walk" the CTU Virtual Campus (VC) as imagery of a traditional brick-and-mortar university wraps around them. They can visit different buildings on campus, such as Financial Aid and the Library, while exploring a variety of interactive features, including:
- The virtual overview. Prospective students are introduced to the site through a video that shows why students choose CTU and what the school has to offer for busy, career-focused students.
- The virtual classroom. The CTU VC uses the latest education technology to cater to different learning styles. In the virtual classroom prospective students can view a lesson in homeland security and choose from a wide variety of learning options to better understand concepts being taught.
- The virtual commons. In the virtual commons users view videos of recent graduates who provide insight into their experience with the CTU VC and the benefits of online education. The commons also show opportunities for students to connect through networking, clubs and social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
- The virtual resources. Prospective students can see financial aid, career services and tech support options at the CTU VC.
- Chat live. While students are exploring the features of the CTU VC, a university representative is available to answer questions and provide support in real time.
The site was created by StudioNorth, a Chicago-based integrated brand communications firm. StudioNorth used state-of-the-art software programs including Adobe Flex and Microsoft .NET technologies to create the site. This site is unique in the online education industry; however, innovators in other fields such as healthcare are using this technology with great success.
To visit the interactive tour of the CTU Virtual Campus, please visit: http://www.ctuvirtualtour.com
About Colorado Technical University
Founded in 1965, Colorado Technical University (CTU) provides higher education for today's career-focused students by teaching applied industry programs and offering students support, flexibility and resources to advance personally and professionally. In addition to degree-track programs at the associate and bachelor's levels, CTU offers master's and doctoral degrees through the CTU Institute of Advanced Studies -- an innovative approach to graduate degrees for career-motivated professionals.
CTU campuses include ground schools in Denver; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Pueblo, Colo.; Sioux Falls, S.D., and Kansas City; and an internet-based division that delivers degree programs 100 percent online. In fact, the award-winning CTU Online Virtual Campus was recognized as "Best of the Best" in the 2009 Computerworld Honors Program. For more information, please visit http://www.coloradotech.edu.
CTU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. For more info visit http://www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org or call 312-263-0456. CTU is also a member of the Career Education Corporation (NASDAQ:CECO) network of universities, colleges and schools. For more information visit http://www.careered.com. CTU does not guarantee employment or salary.