This application is the first to make the paperless office a reality.
(PRWEB) April 21, 2010
When it comes to sharing formatted content between different computers, Adobe’s Portable Document Format is the most commonly used medium, because the layout of documents, tables of numbers and presentations can be easily preserved. The recipient only needs to use the free PDF Reader in order to open the file. Because there are customized display applications for all major operating systems and mobile devices always being developed, the PDF standard is gaining ever-increasing recognition. The only bitter pill is that the “frozen” contents remain so forever.
Now, PDF Annotator unlocks the fixed structure and lets users revise, edit, comment and correct PDF files right on their screen. They can highlight or circle passages and add handwritten comments. When finished, they can save their revisions directly in the PDF and pass them along to their co-workers. The program has long been adapted for the tablet PC and really shines in a multi-touch environment. When the big tablet PC wave hits, PDF Annotator will already be waiting for it. Even on an everyday desktop computer, PDF Annotator is indispensable. Users can type directly in the PDF at any location and use the auto-smooth function to straighten out whatever imperfect details they may have added with the mouse.
PDF Annotator 3: Overview of the principal new functions
PDF Annotator 3 sports some significant new capabilities, designed to make adding creative enhancements even easier:
- Editing multiple documents: More than one document can be open at the same time. In true Windows 7 fashion, each is represented by a separate tab. Just click a tab to go from one to the next.
- Printing in PDF Annotator: The program adds a new printer driver to the system, which allows files created in any Windows application to be “printed” and then be automatically opened in PDF Annotator.
- New tools: In Version 3, there are new tools to facilitate drawing and markup. For example: you can draw straight lines in various styles, insert arrows with different kinds of tips, and generate rectangles or circles.
- Text extraction: Portions of text can be selected and extracted from an original document.
- Trimming and padding of margins: An excessive margin on a PDF document can be trimmed down to the millimeter. Likewise, a margin can be expanded to allow sufficient room for annotations.
- Zoom Tool: This new tool lets you expand or shrink specific portions of a page. On a tablet PC, you can use the multi-touch zoom motion to perform zooming.
- Rotation and mirroring of annotations: Text and drawings added with PDF Annotator can be rotated and mirrored at will.
In a nutshell:
- PDF Annotator 3 is available now
- For Windows PCs and tablet PCs
- Touch-screen and multi-touch capabilities.
- NEW: Open multiple PDF files at once
- NEW: Take advantage of new drawing tools
- NEW: Create PDFs and load them directly to PDF Annotator
- Link: http://www.pdfannotator.com
PDF Annotator 18.104.22.1685 (20 MB) is available for Windows XP, 2000, Vista and Windows 7, and for Tablet PC's as well. A free 30-day trial can be downloaded from www-grahl-software.com. Retail price is 69.95 USD. Special terms are available for students, schools and universities. Significant discounts also apply to multiple-use licenses.
New features: http://www.grahl-software.com/en/pdfannotator/whatsnew.php
For more information, contact GRAHL software design, Seligenthaler Str. 54,
84034 Landshut, Germany. Email: info AT GRAHL-software.com Internet:
Phone: +49 871 966 58 13 Fax: +49 871 966 58 18.
Evaluation Copy Available on Request
About GRAHL software design:
Since 1996, GRAHL software design has been developing and marketing
Windows productivity tools for business and home users. In addition to
PDF Annotator, the company also offers SnippetCenter, an information
manager that archives text documents, files, code snippets, Internet
addresses, comments and notes.