Influence: Exploring Perspectives in Private Customer Communities
Past News ReleasesRSS
Watertown, MA (PRWEB) August 7, 2007
Communispace, a leader in building and managing online customer communities, doubled its revenues in the first half of 2007, signed 21 new clients, increased its staff 50 percent, and sustained its 90+% renewal rate among its clients. In addition, it released four new research studies about how customer engagement and influence play out on the Internet. To date, the company has run 275 private customer communities for clients across industry sectors, including GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett-Packard, Kraft, Avon and Charles Schwab.
Communispace CEO Diane Hessan attributes the company’s continued strong growth to two primary factors: the burgeoning interest corporations have in establishing ongoing conversations with key customers, and the eight years of experience that Communispace has in helping companies generate customer insights online. Communispace is one of the few companies in the world to offer full-service community development, technology, management, and reporting capabilities.
“Marketers realize that private online communities are becoming a “must have” for their organizations, but they don’t have the bandwidth to piece together and experiment with all the elements that are needed to make communities successful,” says Hessan. “Because of our full-service capabilities, unique technology, and track record running nearly 275 communities, we make it easy for companies to quickly get communities up and running and to see fast results.”
- Growth: Communispace’s first half 2007 revenues increased 108 percent over the same period last year. The Watertown, Mass.-based company hired 50 new employees since January, bringing its employee total to 153.
- Clients: 21 new companies signed with Communispace during the first half of 2007, including The TJX Companies, Dunkin’ Brands, Citrix, Mattel, Best Buy, Verizon Wireless, Hasbro, Sprint, Alberto-Culver, Campbell Soup Company, Philips Electronics, and Meredith Corporation.
- Client awards: Hewlett-Packard’s PhotoSpace community of digital enthusiasts, run by Communispace, was awarded the HP CIRCLE award for marketing excellence, beating out 443 other entries from 36 countries. Collaboration, innovation, relevance, consistency, learning, and effectiveness were the criteria for winning this prestigious award.
- Community highlight: In June, Communispace client GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Healthcare introduced alli™, the only FDA-approved weight loss product available without a prescription. During the past two years Communispace has run two communities to help GSK glean rich insights about the target consumer.
- New research: During the first half, Communispace’s Research and Innovation team released four new studies, which are available at http://www.communispace.com:
- “The Fifth “P” in Marketing: Participation”
- “From Research to Relationship: Using Communities to Gain Entrée into Customer Conversations”
- “Beyond the ‘Other’ Box: Giving Customers an Independent Voice in Your Community”
- “Influence: Exploring Perspectives in Private Customer Communities”
Communispace Corporation, headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, is the leader in building, managing and facilitating private branded communities that deliver the voice of the customer and enable businesses to generate continuous insights, drive faster innovation, and build loyalty.