(PRWEB) March 13, 2008
A group of local Fortitude Valley residents are planning to make 2008 the year of Community Bank® in their region. A steering committee is being formed in partnership with Bendigo Bank and will campaign for the establishment of a Community Bank® branch in Fortitude Valley.
A Community Bank® branch would provide the Fortitude Valley community with a superior banking service, offering all banking and finance products and services, as well as the knowledge that a significant percentage of the branch profits would remain in Fortitude Valley.
At this stage the focus will be on explaining to Fortitude Valley residents about how the Community Bank® model works and why it is important that many local Fortitude Valley people pledge their support to become not only a shareholder, but a customer.
There are 30 communities in Queensland, and over 200 communities throughout Australia, which have established their own Community Bank® branch.
These communities are not only supporting fantastic community projects, but also paying dividends to their shareholders.
In the past nine years, the Community Bank® branches have:
- Returned more than $16.8 million to local communities and projects;
- Paid more than $12 million in dividends to more than 50,000 local shareholders;
- Spent almost $50 million in their local communities on salaries, rent, cleaning and other operating costs; and
- More than $10 billion of banking business.
As those Community Bank® branches continue to grow these contributions and dividends will continue to grow.
A Community Bank® branch offers all services that a major bank offers, including:
- Personal savings and investments;
- Home loans and personal loans;
- Business solutions;
- Commercial finance, leasing, financial planning;
- Superannuation, internet and phone banking.
For further information on the project, or to play a part in the project, please contact the local committee.