If you practice safe riding and follow the rules of the road, you’ll be one step ahead
New York, NY (PRWEB) August 24, 2012
Commuter bike company Brooklyn Cruiser today released their annual list of top safe biking tips for safety and continued bicycle maintenance. Practicing regular bike safety and maintenance can go a long way toward ensuring a safe, enjoyable ride.
Brooklyn Cruiser Safety and Riding Tips:
- Stay hydrated – it’s never fun to be parched while riding
- Wear a helmet – it not only protects your head, but acts as a built-in sunscreen
- Check your tires – tires are prone to seasonal variations in both pressure and wear
- Use a lock – a bike lock offers you a great deal of freedom which amounts to more fun!
- Maintenance – have your bike checked mid-season by a reputable bike shop mechanic
- Above all, ride as if you were a driver and follow the rules of the road
“Bike riding in the city can be very intimidating, but it need not be. If you practice safe riding and follow the rules of the road, you’ll be one step ahead,” said Ryan Zagata, President of Brooklyn Cruiser. “Bike maintenance is equally as important and most bike shops offer a quick bike check-up for under $25,” he added.
About Brooklyn Cruiser
Established in 2011, Brooklyn Cruiser mirrors the same iconic qualities of Brooklyn itself - accessibility, durability, and original style. Brooklyn Cruiser dutch bikes can be found at retail locations across the country or can be purchased online at http://www.brooklyncruiser.com with prices starting at $579. For more information, contact Ryan Zagata at info(at)brooklyncruiser(dot)com or call (800) 631-0630. Brooklyn Cruiser is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.