The program is designed to help those with the most serious of conditions receive benefits as promptly as possible.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 18, 2009
Berry & Associates is a national legal team dedicated to helping consumers fight for their disability benefit rights. The group of experienced Social Security disability lawyers is helping to educate the public about the Social Security Administrations "Compassionate Allowances" program, which maintains a list of 50 highly debilitating conditions that if contained on an application will be flagged and the application will be reviewed within a matter of days.
"Compassionate Allowances helps the Social Security Administration quickly escalate select cases based around criteria submitted on the 2009 Social Security disability application," explains Matt Berry, Founder and Principal of Berry and Associates. "The program is designed to help those with the most serious of conditions receive benefits as promptly as possible."
The list of Compassionate Allowances (below) is maintained on SocialSecurity.gov and is expected to be expanded with time.
1. Acute Leukemia
2. Adrenal Cancer
3. Alexander Disease (ALX)
4. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
5. Anaplastic Adrenal Cancer
7. Bladder Can
8. Bone Cancer
9. Breast Cancer
10. Canavan Disease (CD)
11. Cerebro Oculo Facio Skeletal (COFS) Syndrome
12. Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
13. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD)
14. Ependymoblastoma (Child Brain Tumor)
15. Esophageal Cancer
16. Farber's Disease (FD)
17. Friedreichs Ataxia (FRDA)
18. Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD), Picks Disease -Type A - Adult
19. Gallbladder Cancer
20. Gaucher Disease (GD) - Type 2
21. Glioblastoma Multiforme (Brain Tumor)
22. Head and Neck Cancers
23. Infantile Neuroaxonal Dystrophy (INAD)
24. Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)
25. Kidney Cancer
26. Krabbe Disease (KD)
27. Large Intestine Cancer
28. Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome (LNS)
29. Liver Cancer
30. Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
31. Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD)
32. Niemann-Pick Disease (NPD) - Type A
33. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
34. Ornithine Transcarbamylase (OTC) Deficiency
35. Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) - Type II
36. Ovarian Cancer
37. Pancreatic Cancer
38. Peritoneal Mesothelioma
39. Pleural Mesothelioma
40. Pompe Disease - Infantile
41. Rett (RTT) Syndrome
42. Salivary Tumors
43. Sandhoff Disease
44. Small Cell Cancer (of the Large Intestine, Ovary, Prostate, or Uterus)
45. Small Cell Lung Cancer
46. Small Intestine Cancer
47. Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) - Types 0 And 1
48. Stomach Cancer
49. Thyroid Cancer
50. Ureter Cancer
Berry & Associates is monitoring updates in Compassionate Allowances to determine how it will impact the 2010 Social Security disability application.
Contact Berry & Associates for 2009 Disability Application Questions:
Considering contacting an experienced disability lawyer for help with documenting and submitting the SSI disability application? Visit nationaldisabilitylawyer.com or call 1-800-507-4774.
Nationaldisabilitylawyer.com is maintained by Berry & Associates. Berry and Associates Social Security Disability Lawyers are Attorneys that can help with SSDI, SSD and SSI Disability Benefit Claims. Learn what we do to help consumers fight for disability benefits by calling 1-800-507-4774, or visiting nationaldisabilitylawyer.com.