AvePoint Compliance Guardian builds upon AvePoint’s award-winning products to create a holistic compliance platform that will enable us to continue our tradition of creating innovative solutions for our customers’ biggest compliance challenges.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) October 10, 2012
AvePoint, leader in governance and infrastructure management solutions, today announced the release of AvePoint Compliance Guardian, the next generation of AvePoint’s award-winning product line for ensuring that information managed through SharePoint and within the collaborative enterprise environment is available to the people who should have it and protected from the people who should not. Compliance Guardian helps organizations proactively protect their enterprise technology environments from harmful information leaks, contamination, or misuse while simultaneously ensuring all activities and content residing in their environments are compliant, accessible, and manageable.
AvePoint has been providing compliance solutions for enterprise SharePoint systems since its inception in 2001. Compliance Guardian is the next generation of DocAve Content Shield, AvePoint’s award-winning product for enhancing information governance for SharePoint deployments with robust features for scanning, blocking, and quarantining malicious code as well as profane, discriminatory, confidential, or otherwise non-compliant content.
In a business landscape with thousands of regulatory compliance and privacy statutes that organizations worldwide must decipher, AvePoint helps translate, interpret, and understand the compliance landscape in order to help businesses comply with their specific guidelines by offering:
- Robust scanning and identification of non-compliant data across a broad framework of regulatory and company-specific requirements, such as Personally Identifiable Information, Personal Health Information, Information Assurance, Operations Security, Server System Infrastructure, Accessibility, and Site Quality.
- Metadata tagging – both SharePoint metadata as well as actual embedded metatags that stay within documents –augmented with features for classification, routing, and data protection.
- Automated classification and actions based on tags to secure, protect, block, quarantine, or remove content that creates a compliance risk.
- Aggregation of all relevant information with document author, age, how many times the document has been accessed, who can access, who did access it, and what happened to the document – enabling compliance teams to make strategic, actionable decisions.
- Executive dashboards and score card reporting with automated risk calculation, trend analysis, granular details, and roll-up reports to provide actionable information for compliance officers, company executives, and SharePoint administrators.
Major feature enhancements in Compliance Guardian include:
- Centrally configure and manage real-time or scheduled plans to monitor and scan page traffic, site activity, storage growth, active documents, and checked out documents
- Scan and crawl SharePoint 2010 content and SharePoint Design Elements, including HTML files, PDFs, and SharePoint social elements such as tags and notes against information assurance, operational security, privacy, or accessibility (e.g. Section 508) violations
- Tag content via a Metadata Classification Engine in accordance with information governance policies, and quarantine or remove sensitive or inappropriate content from SharePoint to prevent spillage and other forms of environment contamination
- Analyze and report on audit and security data to calculate a refined risk list based on content age; number of times accessed and by whom; and security settings
- Manage multiple, large environments through a single administration console with a distributed architecture to support enterprise scalability
“There are myriad compliance rules and regulatory obligations organizations worldwide must decipher today in order to avoid legal ramifications or the exposure of sensitive, classified information,” said Dana Simberkoff, Vice President of Risk Management and Compliance at AvePoint. “The release of AvePoint Compliance Guardian builds upon AvePoint’s award-winning products to create a holistic compliance platform that will enable us to continue our tradition of creating innovative solutions for our customers’ biggest compliance challenges.”
For more information about all of the new features and functionality in Compliance Guardian, please visit avepoint.com/compliance-guardian.
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint. Propelled by the world's largest SharePoint-exclusive research & development team, AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers – including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies – meet their specific business objectives utilizing the SharePoint platform. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Portals and Collaboration Partner and Gold Certified ISV Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is a corporate member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Our Compliance and Risk Management practitioners participate in International Standards bodies including the W3C, United Nations Internet Governance Forum and have provided privacy guidance and expertise to a wide range of domestic and international government agencies and corporate organizations.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.