AvePoint Compliance Guardian helps organizations proactively protect their collaboration environments from harmful information leaks, contamination, or misuse.
Jersey City, New Jersey (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
AvePoint, the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, today announced the release of AvePoint Compliance Guardian, the next generation of AvePoint’s award-winning product line for ensuring information is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from those who should not. Compliance Guardian bridges the gap between compliance, IT, and the business to begin and maintain a constructive, productive, and compliant environment.
AvePoint Compliance Guardian enables organizations worldwide to implement a robust risk management framework that supports key compliance and risk areas including:
- Accessibility: Compliance Guardian enables organizations to easily validate their IT systems, applications, and content against standards-based and custom organizational policies for accessibility. Compliance Guardian’s accessibility features allow users to test against regulatory requirements including: Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0 and 2.0, and other standards based accessibility requirements.
- Operational Security: Compliance Guardian helps to close operational and security gaps caused by inadvertent mishandling of data or relaxed permissions controls for information stored on the Web or internal systems, ensuring no information that is sensitive in nature (e.g. ITAR information or logistical data) can be inadvertently exposed or taken advantage of by a malicious third party, drastically mitigating risks of accidental breaches.
- Privacy: Compliance Guardian scans and reports on enterprise content for sensitive data including personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI) as well as Secure Sensitive Information (SSI); tags or classifies that content appropriately; and takes action to protect your environment from privacy violations by deleting, quarantining, securing, or routing content to a more appropriate location.
- Site Quality: Compliance Guardian helps organizations comply with branding, usability, and look and feel guidelines to maintain and ensure optimal user adoption.
Through Compliance Guardian's graphical user interface, technical and non-technical compliance officers, including Privacy Officers, Security Officials, 508 Coordinators, company executives, and SharePoint administrators, can:
- Obtain high level score card reports via an executive dashboard
- Run scheduled and “real-time” reports
- Obtain trend analysis of improvements and organizational compliance over time
- Pinpoint risk with a customizable risk calculator
- Define a “true” level of risk by defining where non-compliant data compromises the organization by context aware evaluation
- Automate the process of indentifying, prioritizing and correcting problems
- Report on a single farm, across a de-centralized environment and across multiple systems
- Maintain a historical view of their compliance status over a period of time to demonstrate statutory compliance and maintain a complete audit trail
“While many risk and compliance officers are concerned about the use of enterprise social platforms due to the threat of data leakage, the reality is that instead there must be a delicate balance that enables collaboration and information sharing across multiple data sources with the requirement to protect sensitive information,” said Robert Yonaitis, Vice President of Software Engineering and Standards, AvePoint. “AvePoint Compliance Guardian fulfills this need by helping organizations proactively protect their collaboration environments from harmful information leaks, contamination, or misuse while simultaneously ensuring that all activities and content residing in their environments are compliant, accessible, and manageable.”
To learn more about AvePoint Compliance Guardian, please visit our website.
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms. AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers – including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies – enable enterprise collaboration with confidence. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Portals and Collaboration Partner and Gold Certified ISV Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.