We are very pleased to welcome these organizations to the CompTIA Creating Futures Golf Classic
Oakbrook Terrace, Ill. (Vocus) July 9, 2008
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Educational Foundation announced today that seven additional companies have signed on as sponsors for this summer’s CompTIA Creating Futures Charity Golf Classic.
The second annual CompTIA Creating Futures Charity Golf Classic is scheduled for Monday, August 4, at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, one of the premier public golf courses in the greater Orlando, Fla., area. Sponsors of the event include:
- Avnet - The world's largest value-added distributor of electronic parts, enterprise computer products and embedded technology.
- Ingram Micro Inc. - The world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing and logistics company.
- IT Xchange - An international distributor of personal computer and server technology, with offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, China, Japan, and Australia.
- Kaspersky - A leading developer of Internet threat management solutions that protect against all forms of malicious software for consumer, SMBs and enterprises.
- NEC Corporation of America - A leading technology provider of IT network and identity management integrated solutions that deliver dynamic integrated solutions.
- Nero AG - The creator of liquid media technology gives IT professionals the tools which enable their customers to manage their digital content, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- New Wave Technologies Inc. - A leading nationwide, full-service distributor of document/check scanners, ECM software solutions, CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc publishing systems and network storage archive appliances. New Wave markets its products and programs exclusively to value-added resellers, systems integrators and service bureaus.
"We are very pleased to welcome these organizations to the CompTIA Creating Futures Golf Classic,” said John Venator, president and chief executive officer, CompTIA. “Their support will enable us to expand the reach of the Creating Futures program to prepare more individuals for careers in the information technology industry.”
Proceeds from the golf event will benefit Creating Futures, an initiative of the CompTIA Educational Foundation that is providing career opportunities to groups who have historically been under-represented in the IT workforce, including veterans transitioning out of the military; individuals with disabilities; at-risk youth; and dislocated workers. More than 1,000 individuals have benefitted from the programs offered through the CompTIA Educational Foundation.
The golf event will be held in conjunction with Breakaway, the annual conference for CompTIA members. Breakaway 2008 is set for August 5-7 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando.
Professional golfer and analyst Gary McCord is scheduled to participate in the Second Annual Creating Futures Charity Golf Classic. The well known color analyst on CBS Sports golf telecasts played on the PGA Tour from 1974 through 1998. McCord joined the Champions Tour in 1998, where he’s earned over $4.5 million in winnings and won the 1999 Toshiba Senior Classic and the 1999 Ingersoll-Rand Senior Tour Championship.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Creating Futures Charity Golf Classic are available. For more information, please visit http://breakaway.comptia.org/golf_classic.aspx .
About the CompTIA Educational Foundation
Established in 1998, the CompTIA Educational Foundation’s mission is to develop qualified and productive entry level IT workers, with the hopes of eliminating the skill shortages within the industry. The Foundation receives support from individuals, industry leaders, companies and the government through contributions and grants. This support has helped more than 1,000 people to pursue careers in the IT industry. For more information, visit http://www.creatingfutures.us/ .
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the voice of the world's $3 trillion information technology industry. CompTIA membership extends into more than 100 countries and includes companies at the forefront of innovation; the channel partners and solution providers they rely on to bring their products to market; and the professionals responsible for maximizing the benefits organizations receive from their technology investments. For more information, visit http://www.comptia.org .
Manager, Public Relations