It often surprises businesses when they learn that leasing can make more economic sense than purchasing. Our new leasing guide has all the answers
Hoboken, NJ and New York City, NY (PRWEB) September 12, 2012
When does leasing computer equipment make sense for a small or medium business? eMazzanti Technologies, a Hoboken, New Jersey and New York City area IT expert and computer consultant, has created a comprehensive guide entitled: The Guide to Leasing Computer Equipment. The guide is free and is available at: http://www.emazzanti.net/guidetoleasing.
“It often surprises businesses when they learn that leasing can make more economic sense than purchasing,” comments Jennifer Mazzanti, president, eMazzanti Technologies. “Our new leasing guide has all the answers.”
As businesses prepare to compete and grow in a new millennium, many are searching for proven new ways to address their equipment financing challenge. The old ways won't meet today's and tomorrow's needs. The choice for many businesses is clear: equipment leasing.
Equipment Leasing Association research shows that eight out of 10 U.S. companies lease some or all of their equipment. Of all the ways to acquire equipment, leasing is the method most frequently used for all equipment types. In fact, almost any type of equipment can be leased - from fax machines and printing presses, to trucks and bulldozers.
What are the Leasing Benefits?
Leasing offers numerous advantages over other financing methods:
- Tax treatment. The IRS does not consider an operating lease or a true lease to be a purchase, but rather a tax-deductible overhead expense. Therefore, you can deduct the lease payments from your corporate income.
- Balance sheet management. Because an operating lease is not considered a long-term debt or liability, it does not appear as debt on your financial statement, thus making you more attractive to traditional lenders when you need them.
- 100% financing. With leasing, there is very little money down - perhaps only the first and last month’s payment is due at the time of the lease. Since a lease does not require a down payment, it is equivalent to 100% financing. That means that you will have more money to invest in revenue-generating activities.
- Immediate write-off of the dollars spent. Therefore, the equipment does not have to be depreciated over five to seven years.
- Flexibility. As your business grows and your needs change, you can add or upgrade at any point during the lease term through add-on or master leases. If you anticipate growth, be sure to negotiate that option when you structure your lease program. You also have the option to include installation, maintenance and other services, if needed.
For a copy of the complete guide to leasing computer equipment, go to:
About eMazzanti Technologies
With a company name that sounds more like a purebred, high-performance sports car than a IT support and consulting firm, eMazzanti Technologies is all about delivering powerful solutions such as Office cloud technology 365, computer network management, network troubleshooting, business continuity and disaster recovery, mobile workforce technology, information security and business information optimization in the most efficient manner possible. The Hoboken, N.J., firm is located in one of the most densely populated - and competitive - regions in the U.S. It provides business technology consulting services for companies ranging from home offices to multinational corporations throughout the New York metropolitan area and in three countries. For more information contact: Carl Mazzanti 201-360-4400 or emazzanti.net. Twitter: @emazzanti , Facebook: Facebook.com/emazzantitechnologies.