There has always been strong demand for team building activities at our conference venues – so we couldn’t resist creating these themed events days to help companies benefit from what will be a wonderful summer of sport.
Lane End, Buckinghamshire (PRWEB) February 16, 2012
Lane End Conference Centre is celebrating London 2012 by launching a new series of Lane-O-Lympics themed team building days at its conference venues.
Teams will compete to win gold, silver and bronze medals – the one that gains the most at the end of each day will be declared the winner.
Lane End Conference Centre has joined forces with Hi5 Events to offer the new Lane-O-Lympics days.
Companies can create their perfect team building days at Lane End’s training venues by choosing events from a menu of challenges.
Lane-O-Lympics corporate team building events include:
- Biathlon – combines the disciplines of skiing and shooting. Team members must complete a course on walking skis before using an air rifle to shoot at targets comprising letters of the alphabet. The object is to score points by ‘collecting’ letters that can then be made into words.
- Segway Gymkhana – similar to a traditional equestrian gymkhana but instead competitors will ride motorised Segways around a course. The winners will be the ones that complete the course quickest and with the fewest number of fault penalties.
- Basketball Hockey Shoot – competitors will have to dribble hockey balls around a slalom course as quickly as possible then collect a basketball and score a basket.
- Five-a-side Human Table Football – in which competitors are strapped to long bars so they can move only left and right as they try to acquire the ball and score goals.
- Archery – with full safety instruction and a practice session before the archers compete. No previous experience is necessary.
- Target Golf, Target Tennis – players must use their skill to score points by hitting targets.
- Sumo Wrestling – grapplers don large and heavily padded suits then attempt to wrestle each other out of the ring.
- Beach Volleyball – will be held on Lane End Conference Centre’s new sand-filled volleyball court.
Companies and organisations will be able to choose from either a half-day comprising four activities (three hours, £75 + VAT per person) or a full day (£110 + VAT per person) featuring six team building challenges.
Lane End Conference Centre Sales and Marketing Manager Heni Fourie said: “The rapidly approaching London 2012 games are helping to bring out the competitive spirit in everyone.
“There has always been strong demand for team building activities at our conference venues – so we couldn’t resist creating these themed events days to help companies benefit from what will be a wonderful summer of sport.
“All our challenges are themed around teamwork to help competitors improve their collective skills in a fun-packed and motivational environment,” he added.
Buckinghamshire residential conference centre Lane End offers 26 acres of training, team building and meeting facilities.
This enables companies to get best value by specifying multi-day events that combine all their conference, training and motivational requirements in one easy single-source solution.
Lane End Conference Centre is close from London and Heathrow and is easily accessible thanks to its excellent motorway links via the M40. This makes its conference facilities popular with UK and international clients.
Lane End offers 34 conference rooms and 104 en-suite bedrooms, divided between five self-contained business meeting venues – enabling clients to book an entire building for their exclusive use.
For further information about team building days and the conference centre UK market, please contact Sales and Marketing Manager Heni Fourie, telephone +44 (0)845 521 3013.
Notes for Editors
Lane End Conference Centre
Tel: +44 (0)845 521 3013
Lane End Conference Centre offers state of the art residential conference facilities, set in 26 acres of beautiful Chilterns countryside just 30 miles from London.
Delegates enjoy hi-tech conference facilities, ample free parking and free broadband access on-site – all within swift and easy reach of the capital.
Lane End Conference Centre has 104 bedrooms, 34 meeting rooms, four lounge and bar areas, dining rooms, a games room with a lounge and bar, plus plenty of fitness and leisure facilities.