Without a technology restart, service and support organizations struggle to meet the demands of today’s customers and business models
Las Vegas, NV (Vocus) October 20, 2009
Consona Corporation, a worldwide leader in providing customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and services for companies of all sizes, today announced at Technology Services World conference in Las Vegas the general availability of Consona Knowledge Driven Support Version 1.0. The solution, which debuted in October 2008, represents an integration of the former Onyx CRM and KNOVA KM applications, as well as the availability of functionality from Consona’s newly acquired SupportSoft eService suite.
The first and only solution to be KCS Verified v4 for both knowledge and incident management, Consona Knowledge Driven Support v1.0 helps external service and support organizations achieve best-practice objectives by unifying, guiding and measuring every agent on every channel—to drive costs down while differentiating through service. With the solution, service and support professionals will be able to:
- Multi-Channel: Offer customers a choice in how they are supported (as well as escalated) across channels, including phone, e-mail, self-service, forums and chat—all deeply integrated with a single knowledgebase and case tracking tools.
- Consistent Knowledge: Integrate web sites, case histories, support forums, content management systems, and other relevant knowledge into a single, precise search result, and then create organizational knowledge via a self-learning system that captures case notes and knowledge contributions in a unified, automated workflow.
- Smart Processes: Automatically deliver relevant knowledge based on the specifics of each case or incident and offer resolution workflows and process scripts for known issues.
- Personal Delivery: Use a holistic customer view and smart environmental diagnostics to personalize the support experience, and offer additional products and services in the “moment of need.”
- Analyze Everything: Leverage analytics, powered by QlikView, to keep track of how knowledge is used in cases to pinpoint the root causes of customer demand for support and identify opportunities for support operations, product management, and sales and marketing.
According to Tom Millay, general manager of Consona’s CRM products, the release of Consona Knowledge Driven Support will soon accompany new pricing and deployment choices, including next-generation cloud-based SaaS and utility pricing. “Without a technology restart, service and support organizations struggle to meet the demands of today’s customers and business models,” he said. “Consona Knowledge Driven Support saves hundreds of thousands of dollars compared with fully integrating two or more standalone tools—but unlike the knowledgebase ‘modules’ that are sold with CRM tools, which provide only a few database tables and keyword search, Consona Knowledge Driven Support provides a robust, fully functional knowledge management application that scales to the complexity of any business.”
Tim Hines, vice president of product management for Consona’s CRM products, expounded on Millay’s comments in his recent whitepaper, “The Business Case for a Fresh Start: The New Requirements Your Existing Technology Won’t Deliver:”
Existing technology was built for one customer, one call, one resolution ... Legacy tools focus on escalation, when what’s needed is collaboration. They focus on compliance, when what is needed is empowerment. They focus on customer transactions, when what is needed are customer relationships and customer success.
To learn more about Consona Knowledge Driven Support, visit http://www.consona.com/CRM/software/products/knowledge-driven-support.aspx to access a demo and brochure.
About Consona Corporation
Consona Corporation (Consona) is a worldwide leader in providing customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and services for companies of all sizes. Consona is dedicated to becoming a valued business partner by helping each and every customer continuously improve business processes over time. Toward this mission, Consona invests in the people, processes, technology and tools needed to provide its customers with a unique combination of customer care; product fit; a broad range of consulting, IT and business services; and industry expertise. Consona serves more than 4,500 customers worldwide and across a variety of industries. Battery Ventures VI LP and Thoma Bravo LLC jointly own Consona. For further information, visit http://www.consona.com, e-mail infoATconsona.com, or call (888) 8 CONSONA.