Indianapolis, IN (Vocus/PRWEB) March 16, 2011
Consona Corporation, a worldwide leader in providing customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and services for companies of all sizes, today announced that five of its customers—ATI Industrial Automation, Amphenol Printed Circuits, Inc., Boston Centerless, Salco Products and Aluminum Line Products Company —have been recognized among the Progressive Manufacturing 100 (PM100) Awards specifically for their mastery of ERP software resulting in significant operational improvements.
The PM100 Awards program, presented by Manufacturing Enterprise Communications (MEC), publisher of Managing Automation, and Manufacturing Executive and producer of the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, recognizes manufacturing companies from around the world that have achieved significant breakthroughs in innovation in the use of advanced technologies and in the effective management of their businesses.
Each of these PM100 award-winning organizations has implemented an ERP solution from Consona suited to the company’s unique business challenges:
- ATI Industrial Automation, a world-leading engineering-based developer of robotic accessories and robot arm tooling, leveraged the Intuitive ERP solution from Consona to accurately manage its product data in order to meet tight standards of quality and tough delivery deadlines. With Consona’s industry-leading technology in place, ATI surpassed its on-time delivery goal of 95 percent and achieved revenue growth of 70 percent within the first two years of implementation.
- The implementation of Cimnet Systems’ Paradigm ERP solution allowed the Nashua, N.H.-based circuit board manufacturer Amphenol to better manage its business, please its customers, and support product and process improvement efforts. Amphenol also achieved a $2 million savings in scrap reduction.
- Made2Manage ERP software helped Boston Centerless, a manufacturer of ground bar materials and provider of grinding services, improve its competitive position. Specifically, the company increased on-time delivery from 88 percent to 98 percent.
- Salco Products, a supplier of products and services to rail-related industries, utilized Made2Manage ERP software to increase sales by more than 70 percent over eight years and recently reduced the time required to generate sales orders and internal sales orders from three or four days to 30 minutes.
- Implementing the AXIOM ERP solution helped Aluminum Line Products Company, a key supplier of aluminum and stainless steel products to the commercial transportation industry, dramatically improve core business processes. Specifically, the company enhanced inventory accuracy to greater than 99 percent, resulting in reduced inventory levels and a 50 percent reduction in monthly closing workload requirements.
“The inventive spirit and resourcefulness that have always driven manufacturing are not only alive and well, but flourishing,” said David R. Brousell, editor-in-chief of MEC and a PM100 judge. “These companies have demonstrated an ability to rethink their businesses and apply advanced technologies in innovative ways that manufacturers everywhere would be well served to emulate. The PM100 winners this year are role models for the successful manufacturing company of today and in the future.”
The 2011 PM100 winners were chosen based on their achievements in eight PM100 disciplines. They are:
- Business Model Mastery
- Customer Mastery
- Supply Network Mastery
- Data & Integration Mastery
- Innovation Mastery
- Training & Education Mastery
- Operational Excellence
An independent blue-ribbon panel, including leading manufacturing researchers and analysts, academics and manufacturing executives, and past PM100 winners, evaluated and judged all nominations.
The PM100 Awards will be presented at a black tie dinner event on the last day of the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, May 9-11 at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Fla. In addition to presenting the awards to the PM100 winners, MEC will announce High Achiever winners in each of the eight disciplines, the Editor’s Choice Award Winners, and the 2010 Progressive Manufacturers of the Year.
About Manufacturing Enterprise Communications
Manufacturing Enterprise Communications, a division of Thomas Publishing Co. LLC, the leading information resource for manufacturing executives, produces industry-specific information for global manufacturing markets. Manufacturing Enterprise Communications provides critical content to innovative and forward-thinking manufacturing companies that use enterprise systems and information, and automation technologies to transform their businesses and create a sustainable competitive advantage. Manufacturing Enterprise Communications powers the Managing Automation magazine and website; the Manufacturing Executive website, Manufacturing Leadership Council, and Manufacturing Executive Leadership Journal; the Manufacturing Leadership Summit; and the PM100 Awards program.
About Consona Corporation
Consona Corporation is a worldwide leader in providing customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and services for companies of all sizes. Consona is dedicated to becoming a valued business partner by helping each and every customer continuously improve business processes over time. Toward this mission, Consona invests in the people, processes, technology and tools needed to provide its customers with a unique combination of customer care; product fit; a broad range of consulting, IT and business services; and industry expertise. Consona serves more than 4,500 customers worldwide and across a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, financial services, health care, high tech, and local government. Battery Ventures and Thoma Bravo jointly own Consona. For further information, visit http://www.consona.com, e-mail info(at)consona(dot)com, or call (888) 8 CONSONA.