London (PRWEB UK) 10 May 2013
In only four months since the launch of contactless payments on London’s buses, one million journeys have now been paid for using this technology. This milestone reflects the growing trend for contactless payment usage in the UK which has increased by 4 percentage points to 12% in the same period, according to new figures from ICM Research whose study was conducted in November 2012 and repeated this March.
The study shows that 9% of those making contactless payments say they make them every day (up from 5% last November), while 28% make them most days (up from 12% in November). Close on 50% who use the technology say they would be more likely to shop in places that offered contactless payment.
Against this backdrop, SMi’s Contactless Payments conference will address topics influencing contactless technology progress such as:
- The Changing Face of Transport Payments
- Emerging Payments - the impact these will have on the market
- Mobile Payments
- Contactless - not just on the high street
- Use of contactless at large-scale events
Key Speakers include:
- Neil Lover, Head of Business Operations, O2 Money Telefónica UK Limited
- Matt Blanks, Senior Manager - Transformation Strategy, Transport for London
- Jonathan Haseler, Head of Large Corporate Sales, Global Payment Acceptance, Barclaycard
- Christian Delporte, Board of Managers Representative, EMVCo
- Tony Craddock, CEO, Gx
- Robert Courtneidge, Global Head, Cards and Payments, Locke Lord LLP
- Chris Kangas, Head of PayPass, MasterCard Europe
- Alina Tozlovanu, Senior Project Manager, Banca Comerciala Romana
- Mary Carol Harris, Head of Mobile Payments, Visa Europe
- Jamie Belnikoff, Associate Director, ICM Research
For more information, visit, http://www.smi-online.co.uk/contactless-payments17.asp.
Alternatively, contact Darryl Moxon on +44 (0) 20 7827 6066 or email dmoxon(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk.