ROUND ROCK, Texas (PRWEB) March 13, 2008
Here's how it works:
Blend references from the required style, motif and song palettes into an original three- to five-minute tour-de-force.
Pick one inspiration from each category for your three-to-five-minute film:
1. Style: Spaghetti Western, cinema verite, Bollywood, epic, film noir, French new wave or silent film
2. Motif: Dystopic Future, Innocent Bystander, Infected by Aliens, Loose Cannon, Misfit Lovers, Out of Your League or Wacky Sidekick
3. Song: Tracks by Tacks, the Boy Disaster, Bear Colony, Dent May & His Magnificent Ukelele, Colour Revolt, Luke Temple or Dignan
Upload your submission to the Dell Lounge. The deadline for entries is April 4, 2008.
Finalists will be chosen based on creative execution, technical skill and public appeal.
Online voting to select the 21 finalists runs April 11-May 1, 2008. A second round of voting May 2-16, 2008 will trim that number to seven finalists.
A panel of judges and a third round of voting will help select the "Lucky Three" finalists, to be announced May 30, 2008. Each "Lucky Three" finalist will receive:
1. The chance to compete in the Grand Prize round, the winner of which will receive $25,000 and an online Dell Lounge showcase;
2. A Dell(R) XPS(TM) 420 desktop computer;
3. $5,000 in cash which can be used toward a 20-minute film to compete in the grand prize round; and
4. A trip for two to the 2008 Telluride Film Festival
In the Grand Prize round, each of the three finalists will produce a new 20-minute film, which will premiere on the Dell Lounge. The judging panel will select the $25,000 Grand Prize winner, who will be announced Sept. 1, 2008.
(a) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 18 YEARS AND OLDER AND WHO DID NOT PURCHASE ANY EQUIPMENT FOR PURPOSES OF ENTERING THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter Contest by: 04/04/08. For Official Rules and prize descriptions, visit http://www.delllounge.com/indiefilm. Sponsor: Dell Marketing USA LP, One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682.
"Frame of Reference" Short Film Contest Rules
Direct2Dell - XPS 420
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com, or to communicate directly with Dell via a variety of online channels, go to http://www.dell.com/conversations. To get Dell news direct, visit http://www.dell.com/RSS.