With Continuent Tungsten, MySQL becomes a true Enterprise database, able to handle scalability and fail over. Prior to Tungsten, MySQL was our only single point of failure and thus I could not recommend using MySQL in any critical application that required a high level of availability
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) April 21, 2009
Continuent, Inc., a leading provider of commercial open source solutions for continuous data availability advanced database replication and scale-out solutions, today announced the availability of Continuent Tungsten Enterprise for customer deployments. Continuent Tungsten Enterprise offers easy to manage, dynamic database clusters supporting MySQL®, PostgreSQL and Oracle®.
Continuent's Tungsten Enterprise provides the highest levels of availability and scalability for applications built using Sun Microsystems' MySQL database. Continuent Tungsten provides continuous data availability solutions, addressing some of the key concerns of MySQL users:
- How to avoid losing data?
- How to prevent applications from becoming sluggish under heavy load?
- How to keep database applications up-and-running at all times, including upgrades and maintenance?
- How to cost effectively replicate data out of Oracle into MySQL for real-time reporting and other usage?
"With Continuent Tungsten, MySQL becomes a true Enterprise database, able to handle scalability and fail over. Prior to Tungsten, MySQL was our only single point of failure and thus I could not recommend using MySQL in any critical application that required a high level of availability," said William Berks, Enterprise Infrastructure Architect, IEEE Computer Society.
"As organizations continue to adopt MySQL for business-critical applications, high availability solutions such as Continuent Tungsten will be increasingly important," said Nicolas Pujol, head of MySQL Alliances & Channels, Sun Microsystems. "These enterprise users are always looking for cost-effective, innovative ways to enhance the uptime of their MySQL database applications. We congratulate Continuent on their new offering."
Continuent Tungsten open source components are available at http://www.continuent.com/community. These include:
- Tungsten Replicator: create live copies of data and replicate flexibly across database types
- Tungsten Connector: proxy native MySQL and PostgreSQL traffic into JDBC-based services Tungsten SQL Router: transparently handle failover, load-balancing, and partitioning
- Tungsten Manager: issue broadcast commands, provision databases and fetch data from groups of processes
- Tungsten Monitor: monitor resources and broadcast automatic state notification
- Tungsten Finite State Machines: implement deterministic, easy-to-manage network services.
At the conference, Continuent will be exhibiting its Continuent Tungsten in booth #207, and showing attendees how to build highly available, scalable online database applications with MySQL and Tungsten.
Continuent, the world's leading provider of Continuous Data Availability (CDA) solutions, offers continuous high availability and incremental performance scaling using commodity hardware and databases. We provide continuous uptime so you can deliver business critical database applications with high data availability and accessibility. We also offer support, training and consulting services to our customers worldwide.
Continuent's Tungsten solution provides a unique collection of technologies for database scale-out. Tungsten stack is 100% open source. Tungsten is operating system independent and supports both commercial and open source databases including Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and EnterpriseDB™.
For more information about Continuent and our products, visit http://www.continuent.com.
EnterpriseDB is a trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation. MySQL is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems in the United States and other countries. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective corporations.