I’m looking forward to helping Continuent develop its business as an advisor and voice-of-the-customer.
OSBC 2008, San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 25, 2008
Continuent, Inc., the leading provider of commercial open source middleware solutions for database high-availability and scalability, today announced the formation of its advisory board to support its growth and evolution.
The members of the advisory board bring together business and open source community leadership, and include:
- Tim Golden, Senior Vice-President, Bank of America. Tim has 20 years IT management experience designing and implementing major infrastructure projects, both as a consultant working for IBM® and currently as a senior vice president at Bank of America working exclusively with Linux® and open source software technologies.
- Douglas S. Tracy, the EVP for IT (North America) and Chief Technology Officer, Global IT, Rolls-Royce. Doug has over 25 years of management experience in the private and public sector. In this role, he is responsible for supporting the IT needs of 8,000 employees in Rolls-Royce North America, a $4B subsidiary of Rolls-Royce plc. In addition, he is responsible globally for defining the medium and long range IT strategies for Rolls-Royce plc, a $15B and 40,000 employee organization that develops power solutions and services. As CTO, Doug determines the technical architecture upon which the IT environment of the future will converge and authorizes new investments in information technology solutions.
- Barry Klawans. Barry was founder and CTO at Jaspersoft™ and responsible for the technical vision and direction. He has over 20 years of experience architecting and developing enterprise applications. Prior to JasperSoft, Barry was the Systems Architect at Bidcom, one of the original engineers at Remedy, and an early engineer at Sybase®, where he spent five years of development effort on the core server and network access layer.
- Zak Greant, Electronic Frontier Strategist. Zak owns and operates Foo Associates, a strategic consultancy that helps companies adapt to and thrive on the Internet. Their clients include eZ Systems AS and the Mozilla® Foundation. Zak is an active participant in many free and open source communities, offering advice to groups like the Free Software Foundation and the Open Source Initiative.
- Mikko Puhakka, Consultant and Researcher. Mikko is an open source consultant and a researcher at Helsinki University of Technology. He founded Holtron Ventures in 1999 and was an early investor in MySQL®. He is a founder of Open Tuesday in Finland.
- Stephen Walli, Consultant. Stephen was vice president of R&D and founder at Softway Systems before being acquired by Microsoft®. Currently he consults on software business strategy.
“This is an important technology as we continually place more dependence on data in the enterprise,” said Doug Tracy. “I’m looking forward to helping Continuent develop its business as an advisor and voice-of-the-customer.”
“More and more data is being generated and captured all around us, and the need to store, process and analyze this data increases daily. Database scaling technologies are critical to business as the industry moves forward, and I'm happy to advise Continuent as they position themselves to help users meet this demand,” said Barry Klawans.
"By taking this step, Continuent shows that it recognizes that the modern software business is a conversation between peers, instead of merely messages and products delivered to an audience," said Zak Greant. “I'm looking forward to advising them this coming year."
“Finnish companies continue to prove themselves both in their technology leadership and with their open source software strategies,” said Mikko Puhakka. “I'm proud to act as a Continuent advisor as they grow and prosper.”
“Few companies excite me with the combination of their technology development and business opportunity, as well as their open source strategies,” said Stephen Walli. “Continuent is one of those few and I'm absolutely thrilled to be an advisor.”
“In 2007, key customers like Capgemini (France), CNET Networks, PrimeNewswire (a NASDAQ® company) and Thomson Scientific all chose Continuent to meet their database high-availability needs,” said Eero Teerikorpi, Continuent CEO. “We feel quite fortunate to have secured such a well rounded board of advisors who together provide an important sounding board as we grow our business and our community this year.”
Continuent provides continuous data availability. Continuent develops and markets commercial Continuent uni/cluster products and services based on Sequoia, a database-neutral, open source database-clustering project (http://www.continuent.org). Continuent’s commercial open source solutions are currently available for EnterpriseDB™, MySQL and PostgreSQL. Continuent’s Sequoia open source solutions are available for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2®, and Sybase. Continuent is headquartered in San Jose, CA, with research labs in Finland and France. For more information, please visit http://www.continuent.com.
EnterpriseDB is a trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation. IBM and DB2 are registered trademarks of IBM in the United States. JasperSoft is a trademark of JasperSoft Corporation. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Mozilla is a registered trademark of The Mozilla Foundation. MySQL is a registered trademark of MySQL AB in the United States and other countries. NASDAQ is a registered are registered trademarks of The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. Oracle, Berkeley DB, and Sleepycat are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle. Sybase is a registered trademark of Sybase, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective corporations.