The lowest bidder does not equal quality photography. You get what you pay for!
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
Convention Photography and Event Photography are highly sought after this Fall Season of meetings, conventions, events and conferences nationwide. Meeting Directors and Destination Companies of all sizes are given the task of hiring the Convention Photographer.
Finding a photography company is easy, finding the right Convention or Event Photography Company is a challenge. Joseph Rodriguez owner of Professional Images Photography offers some valuable advice that can save you stress, time and money. Recently at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center on the Potomac in Maryland Joseph took time to discuss what to look for and what to ask.
Meeting Planners, Event Planners, Director of Conventions and Catering and Convention Managers often are given the task of referring or hiring the photography company. Joseph expressed that often the client does not realize that the photographer referred does not specialize in Convention Photography or Event Photography, but is a photographer that also provides Little League Baseball photography, Soccer, Prom or wedding photography to name a few. Looking for a photographer that specializes only in Convention Photography or Event Photography for Corporate Meetings and Conventions will guarantee you the highest quality work because of the intense specialization and experience that is essential to creating images that will help marketing next year’s meeting or event to your sponsors and members to keep supporting the organization.
When looking for a Convention or Event photographer for your next meeting, Google the following keywords: Convention Photography, Event Photography and Conference Photography. Here are some important tips to keep in mind when researching your photography company.
- Hiring 3 months to 4 months in advance is important to get the best company.
- Home page should have current images of meetings, events and conventions only.
- Does website list anything else other and than Convention and Event Photography? If yes then ask to see recent photos of only convention and event photography at the corporate level to insure you are picking the right photographer.
- Does the Photographer have a staff to cover a large event or Convention?
- Ask for a minimum of 3 Corporate Convention or Meeting references and call to get feedback.
- Confirm if the photographer that is listed on website will be the photographer onsite for meeting and if not ask to speak to the photographer to discuss job and get a feel if he/she will be a good candidate.
- Request a proposal that also includes photographic work from recent Convention Photography assignments.
- The lowest bidder does not equal quality photography. You get what you pay for!
Photography is vital to the success of any organization, product or market and having the right photography company that specializes cannot be overstated.
Professional Images Photography founded in 1987 provides Convention, Conference, Onsite printing and Event photography services Nationwide. The company is based in San Antonio, TX with offices in Houston, Orlando, Washington D.C. and now coming soon to Las Vegas, NV.