"DPAC’s Cool Summer Nights is something our team looks forward to every year. We’ve put together a lineup that features the hottest artists and comedians to be showcased in our intimate theater,” said Emily McLoughlin, Marketing Director for DPAC.
Durham, NC (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
Throughout this blazing North Carolina summer, DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, is pleased to offer six must-see indoor shows as opportunities to escape the heat and humidity while enjoying superstar entertainment. From June to August, there will be six concert and comedy events that offer something for everyone. Single tickets to each event are on sale now for the 2013 Cool Summer Nights Concerts at DPAC featuring Grammy® Award-winning artists, two superstar comedians, and five DPAC premieres.
Cool Summer Nights Concerts at DPAC will consist of the following six shows:
- June 5 – Back by Popular Demand, Kevin James
- June 8 – A Soulful Summer Tour with Anthony Hamilton with Eric Benét & Marcus Canty
- June 16 – Summer’s Ultimate Hip-Hop Music Experience, Kings of the Mic Tour: LL Cool J with Ice Cube, Public Enemy, De La Soul
- June 30 – The Empress of Soul with America’s Treasured R&B Trio, Gladys Knight & The O’Jays
- August 3 – Sheryl Crow in her Most Intimate Concert Ever in the Triangle
- August 10 – “Politically Incorrect” Comedian and Host of HBO’s “Real Time” Bill Maher
Tickets are sold separately for each event and are available now:
- Online at DPACnc.com
- DPAC Ticket Center: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
"DPAC’s Cool Summer Nights is something our team looks forward to every year. We’ve put together a lineup that features the hottest artists and comedians to be showcased in our intimate theater. Our fans already know that DPAC provides the Triangle’s best summer event experience. As we like to say, it’s better indoors,” said Emily McLoughlin, Marketing Director for Concerts and Comedy at DPAC.
Summer starts early with the Cool Summer Nights Launch Party presented by Pelican’s SnoBalls to take place in the Capitol Broadcasting Company Plaza at DPAC prior to the Kevin James show on June 5 from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. This event is open to the public and will feature free SnoBalls, a food truck rodeo, FOX 50’s interactive ride ZU, Radio 96.1 live with Allie Morgan, and much more. Tickets will be required to attend the Kevin James show following the Launch Party.
Throughout the summer, DPAC celebrates Cool Summer Nights Concerts with weekly giveaways of specially-themed prize packs that revel in the “cool” factor of summer. DPAC teamed up with some of the best summer destinations to create prize packs valued at $300 that are perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Prize pack includes:
- Two park admission to Wet N’ Wild Emerald Pointe for use during summer 2013
- Two tickets to a Durham Bulls game in the 2013 Season
- A stack of Pelican’s SnoBalls “SnoBucks” to be used at one of 8 Triangle Locations
- A $50 gift card to one of Durham’s coolest restaurants, and more!
DPAC has teamed up with Durham’s best food spots to help sponsor each of the 2013 Cool Summer Nights Concerts. The following restaurant partners are confirmed for each show:
- Kevin James: Alivia’s Durham Bistro, http://aliviasdurhambistro.com
- Anthony Hamilton: Dame’s Chicken and Waffles, http://dameschickenwaffles.com
- Kings of the Mic: Lily’s Pizza, http://lillyspizza.com
- Gladys Knight & The O’Jays: Geer Street Garden, http://geerstreetgarden.com
- Sheryl Crow: Tyler’s Restaurant and Taproom, http://tylerstaproom.com
- Bill Maher: Blue Corn Café, http://bluecorncafedurham.com
DPAC Ticket Center, located at 123 Vivian Street in Durham at the corner of Mangum and Vivian Streets, will begin summer hours starting Memorial Day weekend. From May 27 through September 2, DPAC Ticket Center will be open Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm (Closed Mondays), Saturday 10am-2pm, and Sundays only when there is a scheduled performance starting two hours prior to show time.
No rain. No heat. No humidity. It’s better indoors with Cool Summer Nights Concerts at DPAC.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, has become the center for live entertainment in the Triangle. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the art sound and video. Listed four times in the top 10 in Pollstar magazine’s annual worldwide theater attendance rankings, DPAC is currently the #5 ranked theater in the U.S.
What’s up next at DPAC? Back by popular demand the King of Queens Kevin James (June 5), the Soulful Summer Tour with Anthony Hamilton (June 8), followed by summer’s ultimate hip hop music experience Kings of the Mic: LL Cool J with Ice Cube, Public Enemy, and De La Soul (June 16).
For more information please go to http://www.DPACnc.com.