We've added new in-app connectivity controls for complete control and peace of mind when navigating with your CoPilot.
Princeton, N.J. (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
ALK Technologies, the leading provider of navigation and GeoLogistics™ software, is pleased to announce a new update for its award-winning CoPilot® mobile navigation apps for iOS and Android.
The update (v9.4.2) contains new connectivity settings that give CoPilot users complete control over how, why and when the app uses mobile Internet. Drivers can protect their data limits by navigating with CoPilot’s offline maps and deciding on what connected functions to keep active.
The update also adds a new “Just Drive” guidance mode. Drivers are now free to follow their route on CoPilot without entering a final destination. This frequently requested feature combines a full-screen map for optimal driver orientation with essential on-road information including traffic conditions, compass and speedometer.
"We are always working to enhance CoPilot to address real-world driver issues such as mobile data usage, driver distraction and reliable maps,” said David Quin, head of consumer applications at ALK Technologies. “We know that people are particularly concerned about the cost of using the mobile Internet at home or when roaming abroad. We've added in-app connectivity controls for complete control and peace of mind when navigating with your CoPilot. The CoPilot community also tells us that they don't always need voice directions when driving. The new ‘Just Drive’ mode was developed in direct response to that feedback."
New features in CoPilot version 9.4.2 include:
- Connectivity settings and offline switch: Gives users complete control over in-app data usage.
- Just Drive mode: New map-only guidance view with on-screen speedometer, compass, and speed limit warnings.
- Closed road alert: If CoPilot's ActiveTraffic™ service detects a closed road on your route, you can easily choose an alternative route to avoid lengthy delays.
- Automatic Cloud Backup: CoPilot can now automatically save your settings, favorites, and recent destinations for easy restore if you need to reinstall the app or move to a new phone.
- Swiftkey support for Android: Fixes compatibility issue with the incredibly popular Swiftkey keyboard.
- Updated automotive-grade street maps of North America
- Other Fixes: Numerous under the hood improvements throughout the app, in particular to tunnel mode to make it more reliable.
CoPilot v9.4.2 is available immediately for Android as a free update for existing users through Google Play and will be available for iOS users shortly.
About CoPilot navigation apps for iOS and Android:
CoPilot® Live™ Premium is the paid edition of CoPilot, and includes lifetime use of voice-guided in-car GPS navigation with 3D maps and live traffic information standard.
CoPilot® GPS is the free edition of CoPilot, providing powerful trip planning and offline maps. Voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation is available via in-app purchase.
About ALK Technologies, Inc.
ALK Technologies, a global leader in GeoLogistics™ and navigation software, develops innovative solutions for transportation, logistics, mobile workforces and consumers. For 30 years, ALK has led the transportation industry with high-quality routing, mileage and mapping solutions. Product lines include award-winning CoPilot navigation, the GPS software of choice for fleets, mobile operators, hardware OEMs, systems integrators, professional drivers and consumers. ALK's newest product, ALK Maps is a development platform designed for the transportation industry and provides commercial routing, geocoding and mapping visualization for enterprise applications.