Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
The coronary stents industry is a highly competitive one in which innovation occurs rapidly and the technology landscape evolves at a fast pace. As the global population is aging and has a longer life expectancy, the prevalence of coronary heart disease and co-morbid conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and obesity is projected to rise and stimulate the demand for coronary stents. Additionally, a growing acceptance of drug-eluting stents as a more effective treatment for coronary heart disease, along with increasing awareness about coronary stents among patients, is expected to boost procedural volumes. New technologies, such as bioresorbable scaffolds, and bifurcation and biodegradable polymers stents, are projected to enter major markets in the next years and increase the utilization of stents in interventional cardiology.
Despite the challenging environment, opportunities still exist in the global market for coronary stents, as there is still a high need for non-invasive therapies with enhanced safety and efficacy, and there are various niches of the market, such as bifurcation and complex lesions, that require more extensive treatment options. Additionally, the new bioresorbable stents have the potential to eliminate the negative issues of durable polymer stents, and are therefore expected to induce a significant shift in the treatment of coronary heart disease, encouraging also more patients to undergo stent implantation surgery.
This Report, The World Market for Stents (Drug Eluting and Bare Metal Product Markets in U.S., E.U., Japan, China, India and ROW) provides a complete overview of cardiovascular disease, the role of stents in treatment, the success of bare metal and drug-eluting products, as well as market sizes and forecasts to 2017. Included in this reports coverage:
- Market Size and Forecast -Cardiovascular Disease Statistics (Mortality, Morbidity, Cost by Country)
- Regional Breakout of Bare Metal and Drug-Eluting Stent Markets (U.S., E.U., Japan, China, India, ROW)
- Categorization of Drug-Eluting Stents by Polymer, Drug, Platform
- Coronary Stents Using Biodegradable Polymers, Novel Coating and Direct Drug Application
- Assessment of Bioresorbable Stents
- Dedicated Bifurcation, Dedicated Small Vessel Stent Products
- Major Competitors Market Share
- Significant Trends in Market and Near and Long-Term Impact
- Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Key Company Profiles
The major markets of US, Europe, and Japan experienced significant challenges in recent years, including price declines, decreasing volumes of percutaneous coronary interventions, and lower penetration rates for drug-eluting stents resulted from cost constraints and reductions in healthcare budgets. Additionally, the intensified competition among manufacturers also contributed to the decline in average stent selling prices in these regions. Despite that, the market potential for coronary stents in these regions remains quite attractive, given the aging population and high longevity. However, the decreasing reimbursement rates and the intensifying competition for market share are expected to continue to lead to price declines and hamper significantly the market growth.
Major Company Profiles:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Biosensors International
- Boston Scientific
- Biotronik SE & Co.KG
- CID Vascular
- Elixir Medical Corporation
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- MicroPort Medical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd Minvasys
- REVA Medical
- Stentys S.A.
- Terumo Corporation
Major Points from Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Cardiovascular Disease Overview
- Coronary Stents Overview
- Recent Advances In Coronary Stents Technologies
- Industry Structure & Trends
- Market Revenues And Forecast
- Major Company Profiles
Global Drug-eluting Stents market to reach US$6,278 million by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases. The Global Drug-eluting Stents market has also been witnessing the use of bifurcated self-expanding coronary stents. However, the decline in the average selling price of drug-eluting stents could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
The Global Drug-eluting Stents Market 2011-2015 has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the key leading countries and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2015 and at what rate will it grow?
- What key trends is this market subject to?
- What is driving this market?
- Challenges to market growth.
- Key vendors in this market space.
- Opportunities and threats faced by each of these key vendors.
- Strengths and weaknesses of each of these key vendors.
Browse more reports on Medical Devices Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/medical-devices/ and Cardiovascular Device Market
Contact sales(at)reportsandreports(dot)com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets.